Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jul 07 - Internazionali Femminili di Palermo (Palermo)
Jul 21 - Bank of the West Classic (Stanford)
Jul 28 - Acura Classic (San Diego), Idea Prokom Open (Sopot)
Aug 04 - JP Morgan Chase Open (Los Angeles), Nordea Nordic Light (Helsinki)
Aug 11 - Rogers AT&T Cup (Toronto)
Aug 18 - Pilot Pen Tennis (New Haven)
Aug 25 - US Open (New York)
Code:
1. Serena Williams : Stanford, LA, Toronto, NY
2. Kim Clijsters: Stanford, San Diego, LA, Toronto, NY
3. Justine Henin-Hardenne: San Diego, Toronto, NY
4. Venus Williams: San Diego, Toronto, NY
5. Lindsay Davenport: Stanford, San Diego, LA, New Haven, NY
6. Amelie Mauresmo: Toronto, New Haven, NY
7. Chanda Rubin: LA, Toronto, NY
8. Jennifer Capriati: Stanford, San Diego, Toronto, NY
9. Daniela Hantuchova: San Diego, Toronto, New Haven, NY
10. Anastasia Myskina: Toronto, New Haven, NY
11. Jelena Dokic: San Diego, LA, Toronto, New Haven, NY

Monica Seles: LA, Toronto, NY
Anna Kournikova: Stanford, San Diego, Toronto, NY
Clarissa Fernandez: Helsinki, NY
Patty Schnyder: Helsinki, NY
Alexandra Stevenson: New Haven, NY
Eleni Daniilidou: Palermo,New Haven, NY
Elena Dementieva: New Haven, NY
Karolina Sprem: Palermo, NY
Ai Sugiyama: Stanford, San Diego, LA, Toronto, NY
Lina Krasnoroutskaya: San Diego,LA, Toronto, New Haven, NY

This list is *not* complete as it only has those entries listed on official sites or official press releases from above tournaments. Feel free to reply with updated/additional info provided it is confirmed not speculatory.

·
Bright Like Neon Love
13,433 Posts
General comments:

- Interesting that both Williams sisters are in Toronto. It's about time that Venus started playing Tier Is, and not left them all to Serena.

- What is Justine doing playing in only one event before the Open? She has momentum now, she needs to seize it.

- Should we be happy that Dokic is playing only four events before the Open, instead of all five? She's finally learning, LOL.

- I certainly hope Alex, Eleni and Elena D. will play more than one event before New Haven...otherwise one, two or all of them may get stuck in qualifying.

·
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Darkheart said:
Seles:

Thanks for doing this, so I don't have to do it.
No problem: I was looking into top players' events for my site and thought since I had it all pounded out, I'd just post it here. :wavey:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Yeah...I think you just don't know as much about Justine's hardcourt events entered cause she hasn't had great hardcourt results in the past, so they aren't as likely to mention that she's entered =P

·
Registered
900 Posts
looks like its gonna be an interesting summer.. the current top 10 is so full of great players (or players who can play great lol) that its going to make for some good ball!

jay :D

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I got a ticket order form for San Diego in the mail a few weeks ago. It was very tempting, but....

Anyway. It is a great tournament and a great venue, but I think I take enough vacation time for tennis tournaments as it is.

·
Registered
18,419 Posts
Since the Fed Cup Quarters is gonna be held just between the Standford and San Diego tournaments, Justine is better off not playing San Diego and just play LA and Toronto and take the week off before the US Open. I guess San Diego is the more lucrative tournament. I hope she wins a Tier I hard court tournament this year. Preferrably Toronto.

·
Plainclothes Division
6,350 Posts
Thanks for the list. I'm hoping Chanda adds San Diego, given her recent history with long layoffs and first tournaments back. I'd hate to see her try to defend LA with no warmup events (and no "bad" first tournament out of the way). Especially as she looks to be no worse than the #4 seed ATM, and would be a good bet to defend at least most of her points.

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
I don't think Venus has officially withdrawn from New Haven...has she?

PS: She's won it 4 Straight years.

99 def. Davenport 61 64
00 def. Seles 62 64
01 def. Davenport 76 64
02 def. Davenport 75 60

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
According to Ai's official website she'll be
doing the entire North American hardcourt
summer season. Same schedule as Kim. lol.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Yeah im was gonna say why is Venus not entered New Haven as shes undefeated there!

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Daniilidou is playing in Palermo as well this summer, even though it's not on your list of tournaments.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
What's New Haven, w/out Venus. What year did an ill Venus take out Capriati,Davenport, Henin(?) all in 24hr. time span. Incredible think it might have been 2001.

·
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Venus has not *yet* committed to New Haven. They are still hopeful she'll play there, but as of now - she wants to think different and play a different lead in to the US Open.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts