Suicide Tennis Wuhan 2018
1. Each day of play, you must pick 1 winner playing a WTA main draw singles match. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW!). Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste a pick on Ana Ivanovic or Maria Sharapova in the early rounds. Conversely, you don't want to make a pick at all on Nicole Vaidisova. Has-beens are not hot.
3. You must choose one player to win eachday. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.
4. In the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick.That back-up pick will only be used in the occurence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.
Replacement picks must be identified like this:
BACK-UP PICK - PETRA KVITOVA
If it is not clearly identitified, then both picks will be declared invalid.
5. The top 16 ranked players to enter will be given a BYE for Day 1. However, all these players MUST post a Day 1 pick for tie-breaker purposes. You are allowed to re-use this player later in the tournament. If you have a Bye and your Day 1 pick loses you are still in the tournament but those games lost will be used if there is a tie-breaker. If you have a Bye and don't post a Day 1 pick you will be ineligible to win if there is a tie-breaker.
6. To sign up, just post for DAY 01.
7. Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week. If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking.
8. Once you've post your pick it's final, you CAN'T change them.
So don't edit or delete your post or else you will be DISQUALIFIED!
9. Ranking points for Wuhan 2018:
DAY 1: 1
DAY 2: 60
DAY 3: 85
DAY 4: 110
DAY 5: 200
DAY 6: 350
DAY 7: 550 (No Pick)
DAY 7: 650 (Invalid)
DAY 7: 800 (Winner)