Tennis Forum banner

I've adjusted the rules in the OP to comply with requests today. Please vote whether

• Select this option if there's a rule you find objectionable, and then let me know your objection @ [

Votes: 0 0.0%
141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Re: Suicide Tennis | Generali Ladies Linz | Day #7 OOP @ Post#2

We are 4 still alive on the last day, but noone has any player left

Thanks Sweetspot, nice managing, a lil bit different but enjoyable ;)
Congrats to the last 4.

Not an easy tourney.

Thanks to Sweetspot for managing this one.
Day 7 : no pick left :(

Thanks for managing Sweetspot
you're so very welcome all ... bit of a rough start on my part, but i've been studying up during the week ...

thanks for playing, and congratulations for making it thru to the seventh day! :hearts:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Re: Suicide Tennis - Generali Ladies Linz

Congratulations to the Suicide Tennis Generali Ladies Linz Winning Gamers of 2013 @ 232 Points each! :worship:
(see the remainder of the points at the link)

DAY 7 Suicides ~ 232 Points (NoValidPick)

Thanks to everybody for playing ... um ... Hope to see you again next time ... I'll try to do better the second time around! :wavey:

Sincerely,
Sweetspot

·
Premium Member
105,541 Posts
Re: Suicide Tennis | Generali Ladies Linz | Dead Alive Winners Post #4

They should all win 200 points instead of 232 (invalid = wrong = picked loser)

·
Premium Member
105,541 Posts
Re: Suicide Tennis | Generali Ladies Linz | Dead Alive Winners Post #4

Brenda fan - Schiavone (7) + Petkovic (8) + Cadantu (8) + Cibulkova (1) + Ivanovic (6) + Kerber (2) = 32 games lost
joe87 - Schiavone (7) + Cibulkova (9) + Cadantu (8) + Mayr-Achleitner (12) + Kerber (4) + Ivanovic (8) = 48 games lost (2 sets)
Med.Nico - Voegele (12) + Stephens (4) + Suarez Navarro (5) + Cibulkova (1) + Ivanovic (6) + Kerber (2) = 30 games lost (1 set)
ronim1 - Schiavone (7) + Petkovic (8) + Suarez Navarro (5) + Cibulkova (1) + Ivanovic (6) + Kerber (2) = 29 games lost

ronim1 wins.

They all win the same amount of points, but for DAVAJ MKirilenko's ranking purposes there must be a winner and this is how it's decided.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Re: Suicide Tennis | Generali Ladies Linz | Grats to Our Winner: ronim1

They should all win 200 points instead of 232 (invalid = wrong = picked loser)
Brenda fan - Schiavone (7) + Petkovic (8) + Cadantu (8) + Cibulkova (1) + Ivanovic (6) + Kerber (2) = 32 games lost
joe87 - Schiavone (7) + Cibulkova (9) + Cadantu (8) + Mayr-Achleitner (12) + Kerber (4) + Ivanovic (8) = 48 games lost (2 sets)
Med.Nico - Voegele (12) + Stephens (4) + Suarez Navarro (5) + Cibulkova (1) + Ivanovic (6) + Kerber (2) = 30 games lost (1 set)
ronim1 - Schiavone (7) + Petkovic (8) + Suarez Navarro (5) + Cibulkova (1) + Ivanovic (6) + Kerber (2) = 29 games lost

ronim1 wins.

They all win the same amount of points, but for DAVAJ MKirilenko's ranking purposes there must be a winner and this is how it's decided.
thank goodness :cheer:
somebody who's willing to help me understand this intricate system ... i would never have known how to break a tie if you hadnt stepped in to help out ... after monday I studied multiple ST thread's manager's posts and finally realized I wasnt gonna be able to figure out that sophisticated system all by myself, without some instruction ..... I've been asking for help every day since Oct. 9th. Guess we're in different time zones, but nobody answered @ http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=34506905&postcount=164 ..... so I'm grateful youre here, Xepher, and I appreciate your input.

Now that you are here, I hope it's okay if I treat this as a learning experience so maybe I can do this correctly next time .....

#1. In those tournaments that have seeds/byes ... how does a manager obtain that info to post it in the manager threads?

#2. Gulp ... that method of determining the winner in the case of a tie !!! did you have to go back and count the games and sets of each wta player during each match for the entire tournament? how the heck long did it take you to do that ??? then apply it to the individual picks of each ST Gamer in the final tie here? :confused:

I mean, "gulp" is the word. Do you have some sort of spreadsheet program for that calculation? Do you keep a running tally from day one as the wta tournament progresses? or do new ST Managers usually leave those final calculations to DAVAJ MKirilenko ???

thx,
sweetspot

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Re: Suicide Tennis | Generali Ladies Linz | Grats to Our Winner: ronim1

bump for Xepher ...
If you dont want to answer question #1, that's okay ...
but if you'd please help me understand the calculation process, I'd appreciate it very much:

"#2. Gulp ... that method of determining the winner in the case of a tie !!! did you have to go back and count the games and sets of each wta player during each match for the entire tournament? how the heck long did it take you to do that ??? then apply it to the individual picks of each ST Gamer in the final tie here?

I mean, "gulp" is the word. Do you have some sort of spreadsheet program for that calculation? Do you keep a running tally from day one as the wta tournament progresses? or do new ST Managers usually leave those final calculations to DAVAJ MKirilenko ???"

thanks, Xepher! :)

141 - 146 of 146 Posts