Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Re: Suicide Monterrey 2013 - Day 1 OOP is out!

DAy 2

pick: Dushevina
back up: Bartoli

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Day 1 - Think I have a BYE
If not Pick - ANASTASIA PAVLYUCHENKOVA
There were no byes in the draw so I think there are no byes in suicide, right? And Pavlyuchenkova did not play on day 1.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts

Pavlyuchenkova was on the original schedule for Day 1, she was the last match after Wickmayer. I think they then moved her match to Day 2 and Wickmayer match went so late!!! If you look at WTA site, they have amended the order of play and next to Pavlyuchenkova match they put TBF 2/4. Does this mean 'to be finished'?
Both myself and Ethiopian Clowns posted Pavlyuchenkova as our Day 1 pick before the Wickmayer match was finished, so it should be allowed for Day 1! As further proof it was on the original schedule of play, another poster picked Pavlyuchenkova as their back up pick on page 1 of this thread.

·
Registered
25,884 Posts

Pavlyuchenkova was on the original schedule for Day 1, she was the last match after Wickmayer. I think they then moved her match to Day 2 and Wickmayer match went so late!!! If you look at WTA site, they have amended the order of play and next to Pavlyuchenkova match they put TBF 2/4. Does this mean 'to be finished'?
Both myself and Ethiopian Clowns posted Pavlyuchenkova as our Day 1 pick before the Wickmayer match was finished, so it should be allowed for Day 1! As further proof it was on the original schedule of play, another poster picked Pavlyuchenkova as their back up pick on page 1 of this thread.
This links confirms that it was on schedule

IMO this means Pavlyuchenkova isn't a valid pick for day 2 though.

·
Registered
25,884 Posts

There were no byes in the draw so I think there are no byes in suicide, right? And Pavlyuchenkova did not play on day 1.
Byes in suicide = seeds in real draw, but they're only used in premier tournaments. So no bye here.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

This links confirms that it was on schedule

IMO this means Pavlyuchenkova isn't a valid pick for day 2 though.
I had no idea the APavs match was scheduled for day 1; so I guess AUSBOY's pick is valid, but I don't think I should accept EthiopianClown's pick, since he DID NOT mention the day of his pick, so I have no idea if he wanted to pick her as day 1 or day 2 pick;

So AUSBOY is free to select a pick for day 2, which will count if Pavlyuchenkova wins.

·
Registered
18,712 Posts

Day 2: Vekic
Back up: Mrdeza

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Re: Suicide Monterrey 2013 - Day 2 OOP is out!

Day 2
Pick: Kirilenko
BU: Morita

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Re: Suicide Monterrey 2013 - Day 2 OOP is out!

If you change your mind
Morita is my pick for day 2
You didn't mention the day, so I don't know if it's fair to take your pick into considerantion. I'll have to ask around, meanwhile you can still make picks, and i'll decide this later.

·
Registered
25,884 Posts

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Why would you suggest with EthiopianClown situation, he picked Pavlyuchenkova for day 1 (which is correct), but he did not mention "Day 1" in his post,and, given all the rescheduling drama, i can not be sure whether he meant to chose her for day 1 or day 2?

21 - 40 of 81 Posts