Tennis Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
21,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Re: Suicide Madrid

If Simona loses, [email protected] is the champion based on the tiebreaker below

Code:
[email protected]:     6 + 16 + 14 + 8 +  7 + 8 = 59
JustPetko: 16 + 16 + 14 + 8 + 12 + 8 = 74
If Anastasija wins, JustPetko is the champion based on still having her left to pick in the final whereas [email protected] would have no pick left.

·
Registered
15,726 Posts
Re: Suicide Madrid

Just 2 players left?

POLAND cleaning up! :eek: @JustPetko is always so good! :hug:
Yep, I'm so regular, but still can't win a big title and come back to No. 1, just like Radwanska :sobbing:
@Power Shot : I may be wrong, but haven't tie-breaker rules changed last year? Wasn't there something with back-up's rankings or something like that? Even though, congrats to @[email protected] :yeah:

·
Blighted and solo
43,935 Posts
Lol @Power Shot, Sevastova was not a valid backup for @JustPetko to make. You can't use a back-up from the same match as your main pick and he should know that. :p Halep was playing Sevastova so if Halep won (which she did), Sevastova is out and not a possible pick for anybody.

The tie-breaker rules changed but only after it's still tied after games and sets lost. I don't think that's an issue here.

·
Registered
21,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Lol @Power Shot, Sevastova was not a valid backup for @JustPetko to make.

The tie-breaker rules changed but only after it's still tied after games and sets lost. I don't think that's an issue here.
Yes, I meant if she had won, she would have been available to pick tomorrow.

·
Blighted and solo
43,935 Posts
Yes, I meant if she had won, she would have been available to pick tomorrow.
By who, though? They both picked Halep so they would both be out and there's no one to pick Sevastova.

It is irrelevant if JustPetko had never picked Sevastova because he's no longer in the tournament. You would use the exact same tie-breaker except they would get Day 7 points and not Day 8 no possible pick (which is what happened here since Halep won).

·
Registered
21,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

By who, though? They both picked Halep so they would both be out and there's no one to pick Sevastova.

It is irrelevant if JustPetko had never picked Sevastova because he's no longer in the tournament. You would use the exact same tie-breaker except they would get Day 7 points and not Day 8 no possible pick (which is what happened here since Halep won).
You're right.

·
Blighted and solo
43,935 Posts
141 - 149 of 149 Posts