Tennis Forum banner

521 - 540 of 546 Posts

·
Administrator
66,100 Posts
I had an idea and I don't know if it has been proposed yet. I wanted to suggest it because I am not sure if it could really work out, to be honest.

It would be the BSG Hall Of Fame and we would have to pick from the past winners. I think it would be funny to see winners square off for a change, but it might end up complicated because many would try to send a specific song if it was so liked :help:

So, would it be spectacular or a mess?

Note: The winners will not be able to pick the song they sent themselves and won.

It's not quite the same thing as you're mentioning but I did used to do a The 1st/2nd.... Twenty Winners" after each 20 games, but interest wasn't that high at the end so I didn't bother continuing....

Previous One-Off Specials - TennisForum.com

·
Premium Member
38,727 Posts
Original singles whose A and B sides were as great as each other. Which means we would have to find on YT the full single with A and B sides following each other. Which means we would submit two songs (back to back on the same stream). Probably technically limitative.

Let's extend the idea to original LPs: two great songs following each other. Single or LP. And of course none of those songs must be on the used songs list. Which means bye to Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever, fortunately (too predictable), or to Baby please don't go/Gloria, unfortunately (still predictable but sooooo cool).

I don't think this suggestion will find much echo...

...but I don't care, hey, it's mine!

·
Registered
23,674 Posts
how about we square off our own songwriting/singing skills? :eek:h:
I can in no means do either, but I think it would be a real spectacle to at least read the lyrics of our OWN songs for this occasion :lol:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sugestion categories :

- scaring songs (with ghosts or aliens ... for instance)
- song with a name ( ex: Tom's dinner)
- queer song or artist

-

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Others suggestions :

So selfish! Title of song with me, myself or I.
Title of song with a place, a city, a country.
Sport in song
Cinema in song

·
Registered
36,172 Posts
i want to share the suggestions i got when i was looking for a theme for game 213:
  • Songs in languages that haven't won yet
  • Songwriters Hall of Fame
  • Three Musketeers - send a song that is related to Garcia, Mladenovic or Cornet.:eek:h: Could be about their character, game or simply drama. Semi open game.
  • Previously Submitted (perhaps from the first 100 games).
- song with a name ( ex: Tom's dinner)
- queer song or artist
Others suggestions :
Title of song with a place, a city, a country.
these we had by now.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
  • Previously Submitted (perhaps from the first 100 games).
Do you mean songs that have been submitted in the past games? Or just artists?

I was thinking there could be a game called Second Chances where songs that have been already nominated are to be nominated again for a second chance at a win meaning those that have won are not eligible. That will give those of us who came late to the game to pick one we like that's already been picked.

I also like the idea of songs in languages that haven't won yet.

·
Art & Futures
20,407 Posts
I've got a great idea!

One Word Change Funnies

If you change one word, it makes the song funny and with a whole new meaning. People have to submit a song, and then they have to also submit the word or phrase and what it should change to. hehe.

·
Premium Member
38,727 Posts
Another suggestion: an OFF TOPIC category. Anobody has to send something that has nothing to do with music.

Also a BORDERLINE category. Anybody has to post disrespectful comments on the songs in the thread, and the first who gets banned for two weeks is the winner.

·
Registered
30,363 Posts
Also a BORDERLINE category. Anybody has to post disrespectful comments on the songs in the thread, and the first who gets banned for two weeks is the winner.
Is this a tribute to Silent Bird? :eek:h:

Obviously it would be very risky (more or less suicidal) for Silent Bird to play such a game. :eek:h:

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
"Vomit inducing" theme

In this one, you have to nominate the song that makes you vomiting instantly (it doesn't matter if the video is bad as the whole song).

·
Premium Member
38,727 Posts
Is this a tribute to Silent Bird? :eek:h:

Obviously it would be very risky (more or less suicidal) for Silent Bird to play such a game. :eek:h:
My concept was flawed. BORDERLINE actually implies that you have to be as disrespectful as possible WITHOUT being banned. So your award wouldn't be a ban, but other players reporting your post to the mods with them just giving you soft warnings. Now that's borderline. :rocker:

I wonder why Adey doesn't like the idea :scratch:

sarcasm spoiler: I'm just joking :(

·
Premium Member
38,727 Posts
"Vomit inducing" theme

In this one, you have to nominate the song that makes you vomiting instantly (it doesn't matter if the video is bad as the whole song).
That's truly interesting. Would highlight our dark sides. Like a psychiatric consultation. :)

edit: I looked for "nazi metal" on YT and that does exist.

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
Because I've felt like this several times and it will be interesting how people would stomach their possibly the worst entries.

521 - 540 of 546 Posts