Tennis Forum banner

Suggestion for 2020: Rankings - Please vote!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,218 Posts
I think you missed the biggest point regarding this :shrug: the main issue to me was the discrepancy between the rankings and the race, which really isn't covered in this poll, so am I to assume that the decision will be applied to both? :scratch:

·
Registered
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you missed the biggest point regarding this :shrug: the main issue to me was the discrepancy between the rankings and the race, which really isn't covered in this poll, so am I to assume that the decision will be applied to both? :scratch:

Yes, it will be applied to both.

·
Registered
23,218 Posts
then I think this will be unanimous :eek:h:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Really appreciate sticking with the best 22 tournaments for the FWTT Singles and Doubles Rankings.

For singles race, we currently use the WTA system of best 16 tournaments (including all the big ones and then the best six performances at Premier 5 or below). Is this poll saying we'd use 22 tournaments for the race, as well? For instance, I could see this meaning that we'd add 6 additional tournaments.

I just want to make sure I'm understanding as I think of getting our systems together for next season.

·
Registered
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really appreciate sticking with the best 22 tournaments for the FWTT Singles and Doubles Rankings.

For singles race, we currently use the WTA system of best 16 tournaments (including all the big ones and then the best six performances at Premier 5 or below). Is this poll saying we'd use 22 tournaments for the race, as well? For instance, I could see this meaning that we'd add 6 additional tournaments.

I just want to make sure I'm understanding as I think of getting our systems together for next season.

I think that would be the best to have 22 tournments set for both rankings and races :D

·
Registered
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Poll is closed, thank you everyone who voted :D

Starting in 2020, we will stay with best 22 tournaments, but add Mandatory Events (e.g. GS, PM, P5) for both rankings and races.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts