Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“I kept thinking I would be able to compete,” Venus said today from New York, where she traveled to prepare for the tournament. “Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be. So, with regret, I have to pull out of this tournament and continue my recovery. I'm looking forward to playing again in the fall.”

Get well Venus and Serena. We :hearts: You!!

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
You can tell Serena doesnt like loosing. I think Venus is the better loser of the two from those too pictures. I have never watches a Williams match, where Venus has won.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
AAW that is disappointing. Why do they get soo injured :confused: They only play a handfull of tournaments. The people who should get injured are Kim and Justine. As for venus, ive given most hope up in her. I have a tiny bit, but not alot.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
venus and serena are more physical than the rest on the court. Surprisngly Pam put it the best. Venus and Serena are not only power players, but they are power movers as well. they put so much physical strain on their bodies. the shots they get to, when they do stuff with them, coming back with more power, that is the "physical strain" they go through all the time. when you watch kim, she clearly isn't a powerful mover, although she is a big gurl. when she gets to shots, she is finessin w/ splits, and chippin them back. when venus and serena stretch and get to shots, they stick with their typical forehand and backhand. that put that much strain on themselves physically that even pulled out wide, they don't switch to 1 handed slices etc hardly, they still hit normal backhands and forehands. they go all out compared to others. and when you think about it, they are winning matches in a row. they are winning, and going right back to starting off playing again. where as you have kim, consistently getting to semis and finals, where she is loosing in the tournies played, more than she is winning. she has more breaks than venus and serena have.

that is also why i feel they are so reluctant on the number of tournies they play. they know that when they play they can win all the time. they won't/don't have as many breaks as say kim or justine do, they play more but they loose more, they have more breaks "physically" in my opnion :)

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Yep, you can tell that Serena doesn´t love losing....not even against Big sis.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.