Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Saw the last games on eurosport. Very entertaining match.
Great win for Paolo. :)
Kinda felt sorry for Elena. She was understandably very pissed.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Paola! :D :bounce: I'm so happy for her! Let's see what she can do against Davenport.

·
Banned
366 Posts
good win for paola!
I also kinda feel sorry for Elena...its sucks when you blow a lead...This will stay with her for a long time! with a Grand Slam QF on the line :(.

Paola, on a brighter note...has played VERY good tennis this hard-court season with wins over Vera,Daniela and Mary!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Elena has been around for quite some time, even Pam admitted to playing against her. Nice win for these two vetrans. I would have liked to see a tiebreak, but I will take this result. I think Paola could challenge Davenport despite the "experts" saying her tennis doesn't even match up close to Petrova... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,985 Posts
I only saw a few games of the match. Thanks to Eurosport, we are enjoying the Schüttler-A.Martin match. If this can be called like that. :rolleyes:

Congrats to Paola for reaching the QF. Well done!
Also, well done Elena. I'll always remember how she bageled Lindsay at USO '01.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Nerves and luck were against Elena L - 2 netcords going against her didn't help. One day she is going to pull off one of these big wins - she certainly deserves it. Lindsay couldn't move forward and stopped bothering to go for balls more than 2 steps to her right so she is going to have fun against get every ball back Suarez.

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
Poor Elena!:( She had soo many opportunities!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.