Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second doubles final for ALF after the final at the WTA Challenger of Taipeh in 2013 :cool:.

Maybe she will play doubles more often from now on :D.

Now win the whole thing Anna-Lena and Mona :yeah:.

·
Registered
9,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great tournament so far :) Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova will be tough. Good luck in the final.
In my opinion even Dabrowski/Ostapenko was very tough and not that much easier then Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova ;). Dabrowski has 8 doubles-titles (also Premier-events)

·
Registered
43,962 Posts
ALF played really well today. :yeah: Mona not so much. :lol: But she came up with an ace when it most mattered on MP. :worship:

Jelena was visibly frustrated after this loss. Hopefully she will be able to turn things around, because it is definitely not looking too good right now. :(

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
In my opinion even Dabrowski/Ostapenko was very tough and not that much easier then Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova ;). Dabrowski has 8 doubles-titles (also Premier-events)
Of course they were tough too, but Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova already teamed up for a couple of times and won two tournaments together. In my opinion they are a better team than Dabrowski/Ostapenko.

·
Registered
39,329 Posts
Great crowd and atmosphere! ALF was serving really good and played many nice BHs. Mona closed it out with an ace but was not aggressive enough with her footwork and netplay. I think these two can do well together, even if both prefer to play on the backhand side. I think Pavs/Safarova will likely win the final though.

·
Registered
9,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of course they were tough too, but Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova already teamed up for a couple of times and won two tournaments together. In my opinion they are a better team than Dabrowski/Ostapenko.
Yes, but the titles are from 2012 and 2013. And the home crowd is maybe an advantage for ALF and Mona. We´ll see ;).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts