Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Muguruza is useless. She might sneak a Top 10 ranking in her career but will never reach Top 5 status nor winning a Slam.

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
Good job, Simo! :yeah:

Muguruza ... nemesis no more! :cheer:

I've seen significant portions of all the matches today and the quality of the ball-striking by both ladies in this match far exceeded that in the other matches. :worship: Hard lines to Mugu. She couldn't hold it together but I'm sure they'll have many more close battles in future.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
All crucial and important points has been won by Halep. That's why she won.
After excellent first set Muguruza completely lost a plot in second. And Halep is not a player which just give you control, when she is in charge. Muguruza had a chance in third for double break, but she lost every single clutch point.

Better player won, plain and simple.

·
Registered
23,572 Posts
To turn around a match like this against a well playing Muguruza (on a roll) is very very hard.
Only the best of the best can do this.

And Simona Halep easily is one of them.

Enourmously convincing. I like to see her in Stuttgart final as well as in the Roland Garros final.
:spit: yeah, right. as if beating a BBB like mugs is some sort of proof for excellence all of a sudden... :lol:

·
Registered
593 Posts
It was Halep's first match on clay, Muguruza having already played the first round. Muguruza started to lose when Simona had a better control and played the line more. Garbine, when she needs to move, she's wasting balls and not to mention the Romanian started to produce more winners too.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Muguruza is useless. She might sneak a Top 10 ranking in her career but will never reach Top 5 status nor winning a Slam.
She can still be a top player, but for first players in the world you need mentality. And better movement.

Halep wins 5 games more but Mugu was the better player. Um, ok. :scratch:
The Spanish-Venevuelan has won 4 games in the last 2 sets. It says all. Halep was relaxed in the start of third, then provided.

·
Registered
11,305 Posts
Simona was clutch and played to win and she did. Very nice to see her adjust to clay surface without much effort. :yeah:

Garbine is a garbage version of Sharapova who has no other plan to fall back upon if her game isn't clicking. She will never ever be a GS champion with that shitty attitude and 1 dimensional game. :wavey:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think Simo was affected by the lack of noisy romanian fans :v :v :v

·
Registered
162 Posts
This was a great match, Halep won because mentally she is stronger than Muguruza. Garbine seemed unstoppable at times but Simona stayed calm.

I really like Muguruza as well, she's a young player with great skills and today Halep had to work hard to defeat her. Quite an unfair draw that they had to meet so early in this tournament.

·
Registered
47,640 Posts
Garbine....I'm starting to think that she doesn't have the mental stability to become a major champ. Hopefully she can develop that in the future.

Congrats to Simona!

·
Registered
25,217 Posts
So which Halep fan went on Twitter to call me a "jewish pederast" just now? :oh:

·
Registered
16,759 Posts
I am glad Halep won. Muguruza would have lost to Navarro or Errani in her next match.
Halep is mentally very very strong. I could only follow on the Scoareboard by you can see Halep is very stable, consistent, focus and resolute. She should make the Final without much difficulty. Muguruza has been tamed, after Pliskova and Pennetta.
There are not many girls on the tour that can beat Halep when she is playing her best.
I had doubt she would prevail here. I was hoping for a tight match and a nice surprise. Congrat Halep !!!! You are TRUE top-10. It shows.

21 - 40 of 209 Posts