·
Registered
20,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winners-UES:

DEM: 27-24
GRO: 35-27

I thought they hit a lot more errors.

Anyway, congrats to Elena, she needs to play better in the next round (against Szavay, I think)

·
Registered
114,755 Posts
Tough draw for ALG.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Anna-Lena :sad:, but the match was not bad

the second set was really good :)

congrats to Elena :hearts:

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
:spit:

WTA Tour :help:

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
a win is a win :bounce:

first step to the title is done :yeah:

·
Registered
39,557 Posts
I also don't believe those stats are true. Groenefeld could have won this match. :(

·
Premium Member
181,945 Posts
phew Lena, getting back to the old ways :help:

·
Registered
48,528 Posts
keep your game up next round :(
5 DF in 1 game is just too horrible

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
Woeful match.

And the stats shown on ES are clearly wrong. 27 UEs from ALG? Please, she hit something like 15 in the third set alone.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Dammit, Lena, now I can't use the old "She needed a tough three-setter to get into this tournament" excuse when you lose to Syrup girl...if you make it that far.

P.S. I :inlove: you anyway.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
Winners-UES:

Anyway, congrats to Elena, she needs to play better in the next round (against Szavay, I think)
LMAO at the person who put together these stats. You´ve got to be kidding me. NO WAY, are those the stats to this match. It was incredibly bad and dementieva hit like a total of -10 winners in the first 2 sets together. :eek:

Anyway i'll repeat:

Elena´s playing like shit out there. :shrug: What the hell happened. :eek:

-The footwork is incredibly sloppy. She's one step late on the backhand every time and she's not in a good position to hit the ball on the forehand.
-The forehand. HORRENDOUS! I haven't seen her hit her forehand this bad in ages. She's missing tons of balls she would pound away normally. It's mostly the cause of the footwork though. She's jumping back to hit her forehand. 0_o
-The serving... Well the serving is the same as the old lena.
-She is sooooooooooo passive. She's playing like a fucking pusher.

I mean, it says a lot when the backhand is the stroke that's working best for her. :crazy: She'll be destroyed by Wozniacki if she gets there playing like this.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Winners-UES:

It's not always easy to tell the difference with these two :lol:

·
Registered
9,244 Posts
From what I saw, Elena had many problems with the court, she could not figured out where to stand and hit the ball, she hinted this in the post match interview....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts