Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucie/Pavs :sobbing:

The two Germans were the better team in the last two sets though, thoroughly deserved the win. Really kicked on together as a team very well in those two sets, served and returned very well.

I got emotional at Pavs/Lucie's speech too :sad: one of my favourite players on tour, really sad to see her retire and I really really hope she reconsiders her decision to retire. This would have been such a fairytale ending but sadly it was not to be :sad:

Hopefully she wins the title in Prague - as unlikely as it may be - with Stefkova.

·
Registered
39,329 Posts
Life is crazy sometimes. Anna-Lena probably didn't even know if she would come back to the tour at all and she would have stayed without a title on her career then. Now she's denied Lucie another last title but at least has herself written into the winning records of WTA.

I thought Nastya and Lucie were superior in the first part of the match but Anna-Lena and Mona really took it to them and I hope we will see them back together sometime. Nice comeback for ALF!

So sad Lucie doesn't play singles next week but I guess she wants to avoid a result like Kimiko in her last match...

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
43,962 Posts
So happy for Mona & ALF! :inlove: :yeah: They really struggled at the start and Mona is WAY too hesitant at the net, just rolling putaways in in order to avoid the error. But apart from that it was very strong in the final sets. Hopefully this will give them some confidence.
ALF seemed to be slightly injured judging from Kas‘ coaching as well. So I hope she gets fit quickly!

Lucie & Nastya :hug: But how great for Lucie to get this big stage in front of a big crowd and I am glad they showed some reaction towards her. One of her most memorable matches ever came on this very court when she lost to Maria in the opening round. Still my most special tennis memory I was able to witness in person. I will definitely miss her and her smile and presence on the tour. All the best for your post career life and so happy I got to see her live this year as well playing a fantastic match in the quarters. :)

·
Blighted and solo
43,935 Posts
Is Lucie not retiring then? :scratch:

·
Registered
85,286 Posts

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
Shocking with this win most likely ALF will be just under her career high in doubles with only 2 tournaments :eek:

·
Premium Member
62,574 Posts
Congrats ALF and Mona :eek: :inlove:
Feel bad for Lucie though :hug:

·
Registered
9,126 Posts
Anna-Lena and Mona :yeah:, such a sweet result in Stuttgart :cool:. First doubles-titel for ALF and then a Premier-event :drool:.

Would be lovely to see playing more double matches together.

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
Anna-Lena Friedsam's first WTA title ! :hearts:

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts