Tennis Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Chrissie said that Push's serve is A WEAPON and that was against Aryna, whose serve IS actually a weapon.

:facepalm:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Stephens is one of the 2 best conditioned players on tour...:eek:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Chrissie said Push now hits as hard as Sharapova.

:facepalm:

Reactions: Plies

·
Registered
54,079 Posts
A German Eurosport commentator confused Qiang Wang with Xinyu Wang ! :facepalm:

He talked about Qiang at Aus Open who played a match on another court and said that's the girl who had to retire in China (Shenzhen) in tears this year vs Maria Sharapova and Maria had to comfort her.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
A German Eurosport commentator confused Qiang Wang with Xinyu Wang ! :facepalm:

He talked about Qiang at Aus Open who played a match on another court and said that's the girl who had to retire in China (Shenzhen) in tears this year vs Maria Sharapova and Maria had to comfort her.
Too bad someone did not (incorrectly) correct him/her that was Xiyu anot Xinyu Wang with Sharapova. Then it would have all. :grin2:

(dislaimer: I know it was Xinyu to prevent misunderstanding)

·
Registered
31,186 Posts
"Simona is the best grass court player left in this tournament besides Serena" #shitchrissiesays on ESPN about three minutes ago :haha:.

·
Registered
35 Posts

The female commentator thinks that Seles will have to develop one-handed groundstrokes because her two-handed groundstrokes are too restricting. Discussing it after the first game at 5.00.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Chris Evert:

Serena's shot hit the let-cord - Chrissy - fortune favours the brave.

Serena's lower ranked opponent hit the let cord - Chrissy - she got lucky there.

Reactions: Oladesuo

·
Registered
11,948 Posts

The female commentator thinks that Seles will have to develop one-handed groundstrokes because her two-handed groundstrokes are too restricting. Discussing it after the first game at 5.00.
That is true though, that is the main draw back of a two handed shot, you have less reach. Obviously you can get around it, because you can just go for a slice instead (to be honest, this could be what the commentator means, that Seles will have to start using slice shots more often. I was not following tennis at this time, and am not sure how Seles playing style evolved over time really, but the commentator seemed to think Seles occasionally used a forehand slice).

That's pretty much taken for granted now, but back then I don't think there were any top players who played two handed off both sides.

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
Chris Evert:

Serena's shot hit the let-cord - Chrissy - fortune favours the brave.

Serena's lower ranked opponent hit the let cord - Chrissy - she got lucky there.

I remember than Evert has been licking Sharapova's ass throughout her career and clearly fangirling her.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I remember than Evert has been licking Sharapova's ass throughout her career and clearly fangirling her.
She has no backbone. She could win an olympic gold in gymnastics for bending herself backwards for anyone with wealth, fame and power.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts