Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Clerc is one of the commentators for ESPN Latin America. I feel like he always searches on Google which former player was the idol of whoever is playing at the moment so he can say that their games are so alike.

He was non-stop saying during the Konta v. Halep match at Wimbledon that Konta's forehand is SO like Graf's :weirdo:

·
Witthöft stan
17,084 Posts
Years back Chrissie Evert said that Stosur's BHDTL was her "signature" shot :spit: Stosur's BHDTL could not be more awkward.

Chrissie also stated once that Ivanovic and Aga have "similar game styles" :lol:

Reactions: Perun and SoulDeath

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Chrissie still very entertaining. If she's getting hate for commentating, I can't imagine what it would've been like if TF was around back in the day

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
There was this Chinese commentator, whose every sentence is stupid.
Like these ↓
"Ostapenko won French Open with the lowest seed ever, rank 87." ???
"Zhang Shuai's second round opponent is Naomi Osaka of Japan, who defeated the defending champion, Kerber of Czech Republic in three sets." ???

This isn't from a commentator. Apparently somebody had labelled Zhang Shuai's husband, Liu Shuo, as her father

·
Registered
84,757 Posts
Is there any way we can mute Chris Evert? I can't stand her sucking up to Sharapova any longer.

Evert on Kenin during match v. Sharapova: "pretty savvy from an 18 year old, coming up against one of the greatest of all time."
I think I heard her mentioning about Sharapova being a sweet girl in her previous match and popular among her fans and peers?:spit:

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think I heard her mentioning about Sharapova being a sweet girl in her previous match and popular among her fans and peers?:spit:
Evert was peak tonight during Sharapova Kenin. LOL
Honestly, I don't care if a commentator likes or dislikes Sharapova, I respect people's opinion on the issue. Now, what I can't stand is this INCESSANT propaganda these ESPN commentators feel like they need to be putting out there, we get it, you guys support her presence in the tournament, now stop forcing it because it is unbearable and it actually keeps bringing up the credibility of the wildcard and has the opposite effect.

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
I don't know. Cliff did one better tonight. He apparently thought that Sharapova's time away would mean that she wouldn't grunt as much anymore. Here's how that went down.

Cliff: I thought that the Sharapova shriek would be less.

Chrissie (on behalf of the entire viewing audience): Why? Why on earth would she do that? She's done that since she was a little kid.

Cliff: I don't know, I guess. I was just hoping.

BYE. You know Sharapova is going to grunt. That is her thing!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Is there any way we can mute Chris Evert? I can't stand her sucking up to Sharapova any longer.

Evert on Kenin during match v. Sharapova: "pretty savvy from an 18 year old, coming up against one of the greatest of all time."
Maybe we can tax Sharapova ar** kissing by commentators to raise funds for the disaster relief for all the countries around the world who have suffered floods this years?

·
Registered
639 Posts
just now during Pliskova's match on eurosport Sam Smith said 'we are down to 3 in the race for no 1, Pliskova, Mugaruza and Venus' was going to tweet her to tell her she somehow got Venus mixed up with Svitolina but notice she hasnt tweeted since mid July so guess she doesnt check twitter

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
just now during Pliskova's match on eurosport Sam Smith said 'we are down to 3 in the race for no 1, Pliskova, Mugaruza and Venus' was going to tweet her to tell her she somehow got Venus mixed up with Svitolina but notice she hasnt tweeted since mid July so guess she doesnt check twitter
She probably just hasn't realised that Venus is out of the running since Muguruza won her last match. She was in the running until then. Can't excuse her forgetting Svitolina though!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Surprisingly in ESPN Brazil the commentator, Fernando Meligeni, Always says that he thinks it was wrong from the tournaments to give her a WC and that it sends a bad message.
:yeah:
I heard that too! I'd have thought Smith would know better, she usually tries hard to keep up with things.

Anyway, I think we should have a daily award for daft commentator comments. What should it be called? Toilet brush award for best commentary? Smell tennis sock award? Nadal's sweaty jock strap award? Foot-In-Mouth award? Sudden rush of blood to the heard award. Not enough coffee award? Lazy old fart award? :p

41 - 60 of 139 Posts