Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Evert and Cliff Drysdale were discussing how Kerber had such a good year last year but why now she has slipt. Evert basically said it's both physical and mental, and then Drysdale asked Shriver for her opinion....she waited a second and said..."I think it's a very different feeling to play with the roof being closed. There's so many more people watching this match because all the other courts have stopped play..."

:spit: :eek: :weirdo:

·
Registered
31,735 Posts
Some commentator said they wouldn´t need the roof this year, cause the prognosis is two weeks without any rain.

·
Registered
15,178 Posts
(...) asked Shriver for her opinion....she waited a second and said..."I think it's a very different feeling to play with the roof being closed. There's so many more people watching this match because all the other courts have stopped play..."

Now that Chrissie got her shit together nowadays (doing her homework - making informed judgement/analysis) the real hack Shriver is finally getting exposed.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
During the Sharapova v. Halep match yesterday, Chris Evert called Svitolina a power player. Twice. Grouped her with Muguruza.
Evert also kept saying that we should ignore Sharapova's PED use and embrace her for everything great shes done for the game....... I kept waiting for her to elaborate on what great things shes done for the game.

I must have missed her fight for equality. World class tennis facility she opened in her hometown of "Russia" (coughFloridacough) .... Keeping the sport clean of PED's.

The only thing sharapova has done is give the world more cavities.....

Edit: Except she didnt say PED, because the announcers refuse to even talk about what she was suspended for. Just slight relations to it. "She did bring her suspension on herself, but shes taken on full responsibility for it."

Meanwhile Venus is in a car accident and thats all they can talk about at Wimbledon..........

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Evert saying " I think it's impossible to be number 1 and win slams without a huge weapon."

Meanwhile, Kerber did exactly that last year.
no man, last year she had impecable defense, great reliable lefty serve and a smart fhdtl... such a short term memory :lol:

·
Registered
113,596 Posts
Commentators think they have to fill time. The stupidest i hear is about how Wozniacki is being more aggressive when she makes deep runs. I just watched her 2009 US Open final. She is not more aggressive

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
On British Eurosport today the studio commentators were talking about Kerber reuniting with her old coach (Benny Ebrahimzadeh) who's working alongside Torben Beltz. Annabel Croft said she wasn't going to attempt saying his name as she couldn't pronounce his surname, then Miles Maclagan chipped in and said he could pronounce it: "Benny Ibrahimovic". And smiled, seemingly proud of himself.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Chris Evert and Cliff Drysdale were discussing how Kerber had such a good year last year but why now she has slipt. Evert basically said it's both physical and mental, and then Drysdale asked Shriver for her opinion....she waited a second and said..."I think it's a very different feeling to play with the roof being closed. There's so many more people watching this match because all the other courts have stopped play..."
:haha:
Why is she not sacked? :shrug::scratch:

One thing that really gets me with British commentators is that they use the word shame instead of pity! :rolleyes: They are always saying "it's a great shame that such and such" when in fact the mean it's a great pity. The two words have totally different meaning! :mad:

·
Registered
24,167 Posts

Is it possible Pam didn't hear? she's often courtside and the transmission isn't perfect.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
Now that Chrissie got her shit together nowadays (doing her homework - making informed judgement/analysis) the real hack Shriver is finally getting exposed.
my favorite Pam moment is when she asked Oudin's sister if she could spell believe. :haha:

1 - 20 of 139 Posts