·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EPIC Final !!!!
What a way to win a matchpoint!
3:16 hour!
Smile Muscle Tennis Hat Gesture

Congrats to Kerber, This mean so much to her. her 1st ever outdoor red clay title.

Congrats to Juvan too, she play so well this week, defend soooooooo well. and I believe that she will lift her 1st title soon.

This match is so high quality. both play so well. nice dropshot and beautiful winner from both ladies.

Juvan start very well in the 1st set, she lead 5-2 in the 1st set and has a set point at 5-4. in tribreak, she was down 1-4 but make it 5-4 then lost 7-5.

2nd set, Javan start well too,lead 4-1 but Kerber can comeback to 5-4. and another tigh game to tribreak. in tribreak Javan is a better player.

Final set, so many many longgggg game.and it's a mental game. both show us an epic match, thank you
Sports uniform Tennis Racketlon Tennis player Active tank

Purple Font Screenshot Magenta Symmetry

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Congrats to Angie but really sad for Kaja. None of these players deserved to lose today. :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
What a match it was, probably one of the greatest in 2022. That matchpoint, shot of the year for me! Angelique is getting better and better ahead of Wimbledon! ;)

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
That pass on match point. That’s tough. So tough. Juvan was afraid to net the volley again but with Kerber she is just never gonna pass you up the line.

Both women are dead I wouldn’t be surprised with a R1 exit from both for RG

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
MISS ANGIE WON AN OUTDOOR CLAY TITLE!!!! :bigclap::rocker::woohoo:

She's gonna flop to Frech though she's gonna be so tired. :hysteric:

·
Team WTAworld, Moderator, Polish & Serbian Kingdo
120,036 Posts
A sick game.

Kerber still got it if she could be fcuked. She is still is going to lose 1R in Paris as per usual.
Kaja has nothing to be ashamed of. What a tremendous match. Congratulations to both!

·
Registered
18,578 Posts
That FH to winner. MOTHER.

So proud! She can add outdoor red clay to her surfaces she has won titles on. Completes the set!!

She’s a confidence player so hopefully this boosts her hugely for the grass like last year. Or dare I even say…her very workable draw at the French in a few days…

Juvan is very talented, if she didn’t spray errors DTL at random she’d be knocking on the doors of the top 20.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Poor Kaja. She was so close. She made some stupid decisions. Her net play is really poor. Many wasted chances.

I don't like Kerber but well done :/

·
Registered
23,087 Posts
Great match, one of the best finals in years, Strasbourg always delivers.

Juvan impressed me with her mentality today (and this week actually), was somewhat of a choker before this and she was playing very well.

Kerber was extremely focused today, some vintage stuff from her, and who would have thought it would happen on the red clay? That final set tiebreak was incredibly good from her (from both actually), that MP was just peak Angie. Juvan couldn't have played that point any better and lost it to a trademark Angie pass. Finally she has an outdoor clay title, and she's now one of the few active players with a title on all surfaces (indoor hard, hard, indoor clay, clay, grass).

Hopefully both have enough in the tank for RG, could make deep runs if they can keep up this level next week.

1 - 21 of 181 Posts