Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
It's like cool epilepsy.
65,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zi :eek: Phew. Was down 3-6, 5-6, 15-40 against a player ranked in the 500's :tape:

Anne-Laure :hug: Good fight.

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Strasbourg Q2: Yan (CHN) Saved 2MP, d. Heitz (FRA) 36 76(5) 75

this was MUCH tougher than I expected considering Yan double bageled another French girl yesterday .... :p but she won and is on the brink of qualifying for 3 WTA main draw in 3 consecutive weeks :worship:

Abigail Spears stands in the way ... I wish the CTA will just pay Abigail to tank the match because she will enter MD as Lucky Loser in that case :devil:

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
It's not usual to see a player able to beat a top ten but then almost lose to a 500s. :tape: Zi really needs to work on that consistency.
Anyway shes through. :) Congratulations.Hope this tough win brings her the confidence she needs. :yeah:

·
Registered
29,531 Posts
After leading 5-2 30-15 in the second :tape: (dont know if wasted MP)

In the tiebreak she was leading 3-0, and then 4-5 :help:

In the third set was a break down 2 times :lol:

It should have been much easier :rolleyes: :eek: but a win is a win. She is winning all the tough matches lately, and this is great :D :bounce:

What a fighter spirit again Zi :worship:

·
Registered
29,531 Posts
Re: Strasbourg Q2: Yan (CHN) Saved 2MP, d. Heitz (FRA) 36 76(5) 75

this was MUCH tougher than I expected considering Yan double bageled another French girl yesterday .... :p but she won and is on the brink of qualifying for 3 WTA main draw in 3 consecutive weeks :worship:

Abigail Spears stands in the way ... I wish the CTA will just pay Abigail to tank the match because she will enter MD as Lucky Loser in that case :devil:
Yup. Anyway if all the first seeds advance (and thats probably looking the draw) she could be LL ;) (she is #8)

·
Banned
9,812 Posts

Yup. Anyway if all the first seeds advance (and thats probably looking the draw) she could be LL ;) (she is #8)
well I would rather she beat Spears and advance directly :p
lets Spears be the LL

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
pierce, why is Patty not in your signature? :p Zi is winning a lot of qualie matches these past few weeks.

·
Registered
29,531 Posts

well I would rather she beat Spears and advance directly :p
lets Spears be the LL
But I was thinking she loses tomorrow... and then Sharapova withdraw and Yan replaces her in R2 :devil: :haha:

No no... dont want that risk :p Win tomorrow Zi :cool: :rocker2:

·
It's like cool epilepsy.
65,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

But I was thinking she loses tomorrow... and then Sharapova withdraw and Yan replaces her in R2 :devil: :haha:

No no... dont want that risk :p Win tomorrow Zi :cool: :rocker2:
Sharapova is in Istanbul :confused:

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
:lol: :lol:

First match she wins 6-0, 6-0 and then next match has to go to the extreme just to win.

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
I hope she wins and then gets slotted into the Q vs Q matchup, then against Castano or Groenefeld :rolls:

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
both won the same number of points :eek:
glad that Zi got thru

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hi everyone! i saw the match ! Zi did so much mistakes !! :eek: her french oponent has tried to change the rythm and it worked in the first set. But then, The french player was tired (apparently injured on her hips) and didn't anything with the ball (only very strange slices) but Zi continued to make errors.
Zi didn't appear tired after the match, she was smiling and happy!

·
Team WTAworld
6,225 Posts
Zi should qualify and gain some points in MD.
This win can only adds 1 point for her after all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts