Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone explain it to me? why is she ranked 30? why did she fall from 29 to 30 after rome? the eurosport commentator said she would be ranked 25 if she beats mauresmo. :confused:

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
can anyone explain it to me? why is she ranked 30? why did she fall from 29 to 30 after rome? the eurosport commentator said she would be ranked 25 if she beats mauresmo. :confused:
Simply put, she gained about 40 points I guess (just at a quick glance...not sure about her best 17 & all that), which wasn't enough to catch anyone in front of her, and she fell back 1 because Medina Garrigues gained QF points and passed her. Not sure why the commentator said that.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
maybe the commentator thought we were still in the days where beating a highly ranked player actually meant something for your ranking :eek:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
lol, yeah um sam was defending 2nd rnd points which ment she only gained 25 poins but with anabels qf place, sam mvd down 1 as anabel was below her in rankings befre this tourny so im guessing did everyone else and even with th 3rd rnd points she wouldnt of moved up at all being nt enough points.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Shame i would have liked her 2 b top 25

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Shame i would have liked her 2 b top 25
How is Sam serving these days? Haven't seen her play since last summer against Davenport where she really served like a fiend and really had her chances. It seems to me if she serves like that consistently and with some great net play, she should really gain some points at Wimby and maybe on the summer hardcourts too.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Last time i saw her play was at the Aus Open when she lost in 2nd round.. and i wasnt impressed with her game at all there but she seems to be turning it round now.. go sam

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Sams serve (percentage) was terrible for a lot of the start of the season. it seems to be improving now though. great results for sam on clay hopefully she can break her poor roland garros history and win a few matches.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
maybe the commentator thought we were still in the days where beating a highly ranked player actually meant something for your ranking :eek:
:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts