2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stosur's SF!!!!
(30) Samantha Stosur Lst. Svetlana Kuznetsova
-------------------------------

Stosur/Stubbs Rd 3...
Yan/Zheng (16) Def. Stosur/Stubbs (4)

--------------------------------

I would be happy if she can get to the second round against a quality player in Schiavone. presumably she will then play baby Radwanska (who has been in form and a quality player when on) and if Sammy can defeat her, I would be extactic. The presumably Dementieva and I wouldn't expect her to win but maybe push to three and I'd be happy...
Overall I think it will be a tough ask for Sam to reach the third round but if she did, i dont see any reason why she couldnt push Elana...
Just hopeing she can defend her second round points from last year!!!

In the doubles, I honestly don't see any potential threats until the quarters... and I also think that Stosur/Stubbs will get to the SF and I hope this happens to see a Stosur vs Raymond GRUDGE MATCH!!!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Stosur at Roland Garros! Rd 1 vs. Schiavone

Rd 1 vs. Schiavone

Franny is a proven quality player, who even though in a mini slump, can still produce results like her Fed Cup def. of Kuznetsova (1/6 6/2 6/3). Sam is 2-1 up in their head to head and already def. Schiavone earlier this year (Indian Wells 6/1 6/4) and on clay in 2007 (6/3 6/4).

In conclusion, if Sam is on and Schiavone doesnt step it up, i think Sam can have an easy first up win. But, if Sam is even slightly off or Franny plays to her potential, we could have a match on our hands.

PREDICTION: Sammy - 6/2 5/7 6/4 (after leading 6/2 5/3)

·
Registered
12,762 Posts

omg i know this wont happen (stuff like this never seems to..) but IMAGINE a stosur vs. dokic 3rd round... yum lol

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

omg i know this wont happen (stuff like this never seems to..) but IMAGINE a stosur vs. dokic 3rd round... yum lol
I know! Would be so good.

It was almost a Stosur vs. Dellacqua third round at Wimbledon last year remember but Stosur lost that ridiculous match to Vaidisova like 6/3 0/6 6/2 and Stosur won 8 games in a row and Vaidisova didnt even try but still won.

·
Registered
10,861 Posts

Very tough draw for Sam. I do have a good feeling about her first round match though. It will be difficult and I belive alot of it depends on what Fran shows up. Either way Sam will have to put in a good effort. Im not even going to think about the next rounds until she wins her first round.

Good Luck Sam :D

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Stosur De.f Schiavone 6/4 6/2... that seems like a pretty comprehensive win over an opponant who has done extremely well at the French.... WTG Sammy and keep it up in the next rounds...

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Stosur at Roland Garros! Sing: Rd 2 vs. Wickmayer, Doub: Rd 1 vs Pironkova/Sfar

Don't under estimate Wickmayer... she has already def. Sam in their only meeting before, (granted it was when Sam was on her comeback) last year on CLAY 6/1 7/5...

However, I believe this to be a simple equation... If Sam plays like she has (when not chocking) this year, she will win easili, if not, we could have a second round exit from the 31st seed...

PREDICTION: Sammy in two - something like 6/4 7/5

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Stosur at Roland Garros! Sing: Rd 2 vs. Wickmayer, Doub: Rd 1 vs Pironkova/Sfar

Dose anyone have Sam's match to upload like someone has done for Dokic's???

·
Registered
15,816 Posts

Great win over a tricky opponent Sam :yeah:

·
Registered
10,104 Posts

Great win for Sam :D!!!
She has a good chance to win her next match too. Good luck to her :D

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Stosur at Roland Garros! Sing: Rd 2 vs. Wickmayer, Doub: Rd 2 vs L.D. Lino/S.Erra

Stosur/Stubbs win their first round match 6/2 6/2...

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Re: Stosur at Roland Garros! Sing: Rd 2 vs. Wickmayer, Doub: Rd 2 vs L.D. Lino/S.Erra

Good work by Sam so far this week.

Hopefully she can keep it going with a win tonight...
All the best of luck :D

·
Rest In Peace, Elena
19,144 Posts

6-3 0-1 :)

·
Registered
10,104 Posts

Good first set, hopefully she can win the second one comfortably and have a good match all round :D Keep it up Sam!

·
Registered
6,939 Posts

It's in a 3rd set now, come on sam

·
Registered
12,762 Posts

63 46 64 wooooooooo:)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Stosur at Roland Garros! Sing: Rd vs. 4-Dementieva, Doub: Rd 2 vs L.D. Lino/S.Er

WTG Sammy... Waking up to hear that she is through is excellent news...
Would-a, could-a been versing Dokic but once again when does anything exciting happen like that?

Day 6: Sammy's 2nd round doubles

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Re: Stosur at Roland Garros! Sing: Rd vs. 4-Dementieva, Doub: Rd 2 vs L.D. Lino/S.Er

Sammy :rocker:
Now for the lucky one :armed:

·
Registered
15,816 Posts

Nice win against a tricky player Sam :rocker2: Do your best against Elena :armed:

1 - 20 of 519 Posts