Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
27,777 Posts
Dr. Scotso said:
Martin vs. Ginepri the featured match for tomorrow night, followed by a doubles match?

Roddick, ok... Blake, uh, ok.... Agassi, well, sure.... but MARTIN VS. GINEPRI?!?!?! Who gives a shit that they're from the United States, this is insane!

I don't care that people may want to see them, this is just stupid and xenophobic. These players are barely in the top 100, and have done NOTHING to deserve being put in the night match. I *love* Robby Ginepri, but having him on the night match on center court instead of Ferrero or Lleyton is just STUPID.

This really pisses me off.
Ferrero will absolutely never get the respect he deserves in the USA. That's just how it is. Even if he wins there someday, he will still be slighted. Again and again. He may very well have been on to something with his rant at Rome 2002...

· Registered
27,777 Posts
Dr. Scotso said:
Talk about xenophobia :rolleyes:
It's not xenophobia in php's case, it's complete and total idiocy. This is the same poster who called everybody in the top 5 except Roddick "over rated" - um, despite the fact that the top three hold slams :lol: php also thinks that Roddick is more talented than Agassi :lol: :lol: :lol:

· Registered
27,777 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
Yes he will win, by beating Alberto Martin in the final.

I just don't buy the xenophobic accusations... I mean the people who make schedules are businessmen who want to make money, that's all. If they put Ferrero on smaller court it's because they think he won't attrack enough people, not because he's from Spain. If there was 3 Kournikova-Barbie from Spain they would always be on the big courts.
Oh? Then why was Maria Sanchez Lorenzo on court 6? ;)

· Registered
27,777 Posts
Oh Sam... what you just did is one of the things that crack me up more than ever... the people who comment on the "excitement" of Andre's game vs the "boring claycourt style" of Ferrero and gang. Then I watch Andre and Ferrero, and I'm completely and totally lost as to what this dramatic difference is. Then i remember... Andre is American and Ferrero is Spanish. Oh. Imagine that.

· Registered
27,777 Posts
Sam L said:
Oh of course it is. You can't deny that. :confused:

For me, just going by Agassi's success at Wimbledon should tell you something about how agressive his game is. But he's not a serve and volleyer. Sure, but he's an agressive baseliner, possibly the most ever.

I do think that Agassi is more exciting to watch because he goes for winners more and his returns. Ferrero is good believe me, but not as exciting as Agassi. You have to admit that.
I have to admit that Andre is more exciting than Ferrero? Um, no I don't. They are both aggressive baseliners. Agassi is undoubtedly the more talented of the two, but that doesn't mean I'd rather watch him.

Their styles are not really all that contrasting. There are obvious differences with make Ferrero excel on clay and Andre on hard... but please. Ferrero is an agressive player and to claim anything but would be ignorance. He's in on way whatsoever, a counterpuncher.

As for the grass results... Ferrero made round 4 this year, and round 2 last year. Erm, remind me how Andre did the past TWO years? Oh... what's that you say? Interesting.

· Registered
27,777 Posts
Midnite Surfer said:
Hasn't Roddick won a couple of tournaments on clay? And it's not the American's fault that the French players can only play on clay. Maybe if they weren't all short enough to play handball on the curb. :lol:
The French can only play on clay? I sincerely hope that you were intending to be stupid there.

· Registered
27,777 Posts
treufreund said:
wasn't Grosjean in the finals of queen's club and in the semis of wimbledon taking Henman out along the way. And Clement won a title on grass too, didn't he? Gregory Carraz of France sure did excel at Newport, R.I and Escude is the bomb on grass single handedly defeating Australia on grass in Davis Cup a few years back.
Grosjean has made the semis at all slams but the USO... and he won Paris indoors. But i didn't want to get into his results before midnight surfer pointed out if he was being wildly sarcastic or not... lets hope he was ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.