Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
god, people act like if she never reahced the top 100 or something. she was a good player and she was talented, but she basically stopped training and started doing other things.. so?

Reactions: tenn_ace

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
For f*** sake, Anna was a blip she is someone who could have been a good, maybe great player :rolleyes: but that never materialised but she has not done so bad for herself, likes look to the future not the past.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I Love Sharapova

Anna Kournikova could have been a great tennis player. However,she decided to go more into the modeling bit. :mad: Hey,but that's okay,we still love you,Anna. ;)

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
what stopped Anna Kournikova from being a great player was not modeling, but injuries. That and lack of mental toughness. She just had problems stringing matches together...when she could even play them.

It took a lot of pride to swallow playing Challengers, I really commend her for doing that

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
By the standards of her stellar talent, Anna's career didn't work out. The reasons include injuries at bad times, the loss (for whatever reason) of her original mental toughness and fighting attitude, sheer bad luck, maybe some misjudgment in not playing enough low-tier tournaments early and getting consolidated with some tournament victories.

She could have been a great player if only one or two of those things had gone against her. The combination was too much, but she still had a good career. Can't we move on? She's probably not coming back. If she does I'll cheer for her. Meanwhile, I'll remember her as a very good player who unfortunately didn't do even better. There's no good reason to denigrate her, but no reason to dwell on her or get jealous about the achievements of other players (such as Maria or, on a lesser scale, Dani) either.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
*~ The Leopard ~* said:
By the standards of her stellar talent, Anna's career didn't work out. The reasons include injuries at bad times, the loss (for whatever reason) of her original mental toughness and fighting attitude, sheer bad luck, maybe some misjudgment in not playing enough low-tier tournaments early and getting consolidated with some tournament victories.

She could have been a great player if only one or two of those things had gone against her. The combination was too much, but she still had a good career. Can't we move on? She's probably not coming back. If she does I'll cheer for her. Meanwhile, I'll remember her as a very good player who unfortunately didn't do even better. There's no good reason to denigrate her, but no reason to dwell on her or get jealous about the achievements of other players (such as Maria or, on a lesser scale, Dani) either.
Totally True. :) Plz Tell That To The Annaholics here (who'll be posting about every point she plays in those WTT exhibition matches er, coming up). And to Graham re. Dani (Who Won a real life victory by ovacoming the problem leading to how she looked in '03).

·
Registered
113,601 Posts
I am going to report on Anna's WTT matches. That's why players have cheering threads.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
goldenlox said:
I am going to report on Anna's WTT matches. That's why players have cheering threads.
Absolutely, Goldy! (A cheering thread is fine, IMO). I meant the "Anna just sneezed" Type Thread. ;)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
With the ripening of Russian talent, comparisons to Anna and the consequent bashing was bound to happen. And now that a Russian beauty has won Wimbledon, I'm afraid there's going to be even more of it.

Let's face it, Anna is famous and we all know that fame is a double-edged sword.

·
Registered
113,601 Posts
It's a double-edged sword for every famous person. Anna has very thick skin. And a thick wallet.

·
Banned
24,261 Posts
exactly... Anna went for the easy way of making money. Can't blame her for that! Really think she cares people say she was a bad tennis player... She's the one with the million-dollar-bankaccount and the platinum visa... She's laughing her ass off. Because tennis gave her all that... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts