Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[
``Everyone is always talking about the power of the Williams sisters and Lindsay Davenport and Capriati,'' she said. And in six months it is going to be Alexandra Stevenson.'' --Alexandra Stevenon
Correct me if i'm wrong, but in six months its June which is a month in which Wimbledon is held.;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, I'm happy about Alexandra's win and all-but she might be stretching it a little if she believes she'll be ready to beat Venus, Serena and Lindsay @ Wimbledon 2002. I would like to see her do well, but she need a few more wins over top 10 players to be considered a real threat.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
LMAO!! Let's not get ahead of ourselves!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Hey guys,

I don't think that Alex is trying to claim Wimbledon. I think she might be stating that her win over Capriati is just the beginning of great play from her and that in six months she is going to be one of the top contenders @ Wimbledon. Hey, it could happen. Look @ Jennifer Capriati in 01!If being overconfident wins her matches, then all the more power to her for feeling that way! Coming from qualifying to beat two top twenty players in a row is certainly a good beginning to the year. Hopefully, her overconfidence won't hinder her progress.:D

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
but she does it every single year, it was something like 'i will be the first wildcard to win wimbledon' last year, so really this is nothing new, she has said things like this in the past, and even if she had not had this win over capriati and had a bad season up til then she would have said the same like she has done in the past.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
what?!

ROTFSTCLMAAOBPO - rolling on the floor scaring the cat laughing my ass and other body parts off :rolleyes:

If only a win over a sluggish Capriati would earn her the Wimbledon crown! To make the big W Alexandra, you need much more than that, and I guess you already know it, otherwise you would have made it in 99. So shuuuuush! :p

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Alex believes she'll win Wimby huh? I believe she lost to Shaughnessy in str8 sets. Good win over Jen, but that might bring her back down to earth.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Tratree said:
Alex believes she'll win Wimby huh? I believe she lost to Shaughnessy in str8 sets. Good win over Jen, but that might bring her back down to earth.
Sweetie,

I don't believe that they have played yet. They play each other tomorrow. Whoever wins that match, will face Serena Williams. That's a very daunting prospect.;)

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Meghan won 6-4 6-!:)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
My goodness! I didn't realize that they were playing today! My bad Tratree! Oh well, at least she had a good run here. First winning three qualifying matches (was it three or four? I can't remember!) and two good wins over two top twenty players. That, at least, should give her confidence a boost.

I agree with Babsi's fan that while Alex's boasting can border on the ridiculous, she is not harming anyone by making these claims. I've heard several young players (Smashanova, Bovina) say the exact same thing. That's youth for you!

Congrats to Meghann. Serena should keep a careful watch. Meghann defeated Monica last spring and Venus last summer and she can be a very tough player to play against. Good luck to both ladies.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
apoet29 said:
My goodness! I didn't realize that they were playing today! My bad Tratree! Oh well, at least she had a good run here. First winning three qualifying matches (was it three or four? I can't remember!) and two good wins over two top twenty players. That, at least, should give her confidence a boost.
/B]

No harm, no foul :D

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
I saw Meaghann defeat Daniela yesterday and the score line was very flattering for Hantuchova...it should be a good match against Serena.

I may a bit bias, but no one is playing better then Martina at the moment :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Uh huh...

·
Banned
3,727 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH............ oh was she being serious!! :confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts