Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to today's USA Today (6-13-03) Print version. The story is not online.

Former Wimbledon semifinalist Alexandra Stevenson and her mother say they lost more than $500 and other valuables, including a computer, in a hotel robbery at the Birmingham event. Stevenson, 22, and her mother, Samantha, said they believe the robbery took place after they returned to the hotel early Wednesday evening, after Stevenson was eliminated. They said wallets and credit cards were also taken. "Next year after the French Open, I think we will go back to San Diego," she said. "I don't think we will come here again.

·
Registered
24,846 Posts
you lose get home and realise your stuff is gone :s
I totally get that it's just a pitty you drop a tourny for it ;)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
That's unfortunate. I don't blame them for being upset.

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
Lmao

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
When I saw the title of this thread, I assumed it was some kind of melodramatic declaration about how Stevenson had been cheated out of a victory, a la Serena, or "The Fabulous 'Renal Blockage" as I like to call her, but it turns out to be a genuine robbery.

Bad luck, but I have to say that if you set foot in Birmingham you do run the risk of getting robbed by free-loading Brummies. Good job she wasn't playing in Liverpool, otherwise she'd never see hide nor hair of her courtesy car ever again.

I am worried, though, that this will give Stevenson yet another reason to be paranoid and mistrustful of others around her, as though she wasn't already. I'll bet she and her mum are already suspecting that the burglars were hired by her jealous rivals on the Tour, or by racial supremacists who want to force her out of the country.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Hendouble said:
Bad luck, but I have to say that if you set foot in Birmingham you do run the risk of getting robbed by free-loading Brummies. Good job she wasn't playing in Liverpool, otherwise she'd never see hide nor hair of her courtesy car ever again.
That's True! :eek: :p Apologies to all upper-class and respectable Brummies :p :wavey: :angel: Liverpool is a whole lot worse,so in that respect she's lucky! LOL!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Bad luck and sorry about the robbery, but pathetic response. Birmingham will probably be glad to see the back of them after that remark. I doubt Birmingham is any worse than most major cities around the world for crime - I suggest she skip Wimbledon because London can be dangerous, and New York too - so give the US Open a miss. Do us all a favour. Let some other players in who might actually make the second round.

·
Registered
15,248 Posts
Pdm1987 said:
That's True! :eek: :p Apologies to all upper-class and respectable Brummies :p :wavey: :angel: Liverpool is a whole lot worse,so in that respect she's lucky! LOL!
ahem! :fiery: :angel: :p

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Goodbye, God bless.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
What in the hell is so comical baout being robbed? I'm sure if any of you a-holes were robbed or if anyone close to you were robbed, you'd think twice about making fun of it. It doesn't matter who was robbed or victimized, it's nothing to make light of. So, to those who are guilty-----SCREW OFF!

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Birmingham is a bit a skanky city but the part of the city where this tournament takes places is nice. Clearly noticable from the 4 cars outside each house that had baout 4 floors:rolleyes:

Hendouble good one about Liverpool the curtosy car would probably be totally smashed in in about 1 min!

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
That is aweful:sad: . Hopefully it motivates her to actually WIN a match this year:angel: .

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
Monica_Rules said:
Birmingham is a bit a skanky city but the part of the city where this tournament takes places is nice. Clearly noticable from the 4 cars outside each house that had baout 4 floors:rolleyes:

Hendouble good one about Liverpool the curtosy car would probably be totally smashed in in about 1 min!

the courtesy car would have been a knock-off anyway ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts