Tennis Forum banner

Step out Russians, the Ukrainians are coming!!

796 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  KimC&MariaSNo1's 
#1 ·
Now they have 9 Players in the top 200!

Amazing!

#3 ·
rhz said:
Now they have 9 Players in the top 200!

Amazing!

...and none of them are anywhere near the Top 50. They have a ton of players bouncing around the bottom of the tour but no breakthroughs. I still say that Beygelzimer is the best of the lot, but it's a mystery what she's been doing for the last year and a half.

Vakulenko, Perebiynis, Bondarenko, Fedak, Savchuk - none of them are obvious Top 50 material.

and speaking of the Ukies, does anybody know if Alex Kravets quit the tour? She had a great year on the challenger circuit in 2003, and hasn't been heard from since...

#6 ·
PointBlank said:
Vakulenko showed the most talent, but fell apart, I think due to injuries. Katya Bondarenko now has the best ability to go far. The problem for Ukrainians is that they fall apart very easily, atleast most of them do. They have Zvonareva type emmotions.

nah, the problem is not falling apart (generalizing based on nationality :confused: :eek: ), the problem is that most of them don't have very exceptional games. Vakulenko had a bad forehand and moved awkwardly even for a big girl. I never expected her to become a tour mainstay.

#7 ·
PointBlank said:
Katya Bondarenko now has the best ability to go far.
I hope so :)

The problem for Ukrainians is that they fall apart very easily, atleast most of them do. They have Zvonareva type emmotions.
From what I've seen, Katya is probably the worst of them :sad:

She was pretty :shout: towards the end of her match against Ruano Pascual in Sydney, and she blows leads in many matches :eek:

Then again, I've never seen her have a meltdown like the one that Bepa had against Dushevina this year :scared: :help:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.