9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wouldn't it be great?!?

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
alfajeffster said:
Wouldn't it be great?!?
Why would that be great?! She wouldn´t even be top 20.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
it would be a nightmare

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just watched the 1995 Wimbledon semis and final last night again (first time in a long time), and it never ceases to amaze me how people forget just how hard Steffi did hit that forehand, and just how much trouble her knifed slice gave 2 handers on the backhand side. I think she'd be top 10 for sure- push all the mediocrity like Capriati and Davenport and Seles right outa there!

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
irma said:
it would be a nightmare
For her fans,no....in a way it would be great to see her playing,but it would be sad seeing her lose to a Panova or Pistolesi...

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
steffi didn't play for 4 years, her knee is ruined(more then when she played), she was pregnant twice

if steffi would come back and be in the top 20 at 35 then the tour would be big joke so I don't think that's possible

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bandabou said:
For her fans,no....in a way it would be great to see her playing,but it would be sad seeing her lose to a Panova or Pistolesi...
Lose to Panova or Pistolesi? Aren't you thinking about Seles?

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
bandabou said:
I have news, I am a steffi fan and I like to remember her as in the match against venus. enjoying herself so much afterwards

it was great. I don't want to get that memory ruined :worship:

summer 98 was enough :eek:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
irma said:
I have news, I am a steffi fan and I like to remember her as in the match against venus. enjoying herself so much afterwards

it was great. I don't want to get that memory ruined :worship:

summer 98 was enough :eek:
I'd have to agree- I simply posted this thread because I got caught up in some of the fantasy thinking that goes on here. I'm quite sure she is entertaining no such thought of return. I just wish she'd pop in the commentary booth every now and again- it's not like they haven't asked her!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
steffi is way too biased. I mean she wrote a male tournament preview about the french open last year and her biasm was shining through it. understandable but annoying for the not andre fans;)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
irma said:
I mean she wrote a male tournament preview about the french open last year and her biasm was shining through it.
"biasm?"

Don't know what that is, but it sure sounds like fun.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seles said:
Show me where Panova or Pistolesi have ever beaten Seles please.
Oh, now, now, let's not get all defensive. I don't know that they have. I was just making sure the poster wasn't confused, because Seles has lost some pretty ugly matches in the last 2-3 years, and I'm sure with the way Graf had Seles figured out, well- I won't go there again- steps on too many toes :devil:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spirit said:
"biasm?"

Don't know what that is, but it sure sounds like fun.
I'm sure she meant biased :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
:confused: ?

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
what's up on this board in the last days?

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I see posts and remarks from people wich I had not expected. well the heat probably got to my head :eek:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
irma said:
I see posts and remarks from people wich I had not expected. well the heat probably got to my head :eek:
It's the thought of Steffi returning, isn't it? :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts