Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
As much as I would love to have her come back... I think that is not possible. An interview posted here a few days ago quoted her as saying that she wouldn't even consider playing in the senior tour and that she doesn't really miss tennis. She did say that she might play exhibitions... so we should just be grateful for that :) :D

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Steffi will not comeback, she had better things to do:D

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Yes irma, the baby needs her after all. There's NO WAY she's coming back.

One of the things I like about Steffi has been she's not the type to look back. Unlike Martina N or Micheal Jordan, sticking around in sports where they had old glories (now there's nothing wrong with that). Except, I think it's better to dominate as much as possible and retire and move on to other interests in life. That's just how I prefer it.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Of course not!

But I think Anke has a shot ;)

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Definitely not!!! She doesn't even miss it. And her little boy needs her.
And I don't think Anke will come back.

·
Premium Member
27,123 Posts
She's so not coming back - all those injuries took their toll. She even has back pain when she goes on a short bike ride from what I've read.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
:eek: Don't be stupid why would she come back!

·
Registered
610 Posts
i hope she never will come back!!!

·
Premium Member
20,009 Posts
If she does come back she won't have room to breathe with today's players. Their power alone will have Stef running all over the court. So, I say she never will no question about it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
harloo said:
If she does come back she won't have room to breathe with today's players. Their power alone will have Stef running all over the court. So, I say she never will no question about it.
She would have just changed her game. She still would have been a winner.

I think someone posted an interview here recently that quoted her as saying she might do exhibitions at some point. Maybe that is what you heard. She's probably asked that question all the time.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Come back to what??:confused:

Stefanie has a husband (who is still playing) and a baby who is being nursed. She has a great life and it sounds wonderful to me. Every ex-tennis star should be so happy and content. (Are you listening Martina Nav., John Mac and Boris B.?):wavey:

Stefanie doesn't seem to be wishing for anything but a smile from her baby.:kiss: (And maybe a speedy recovery for Andre from his injured wrist.):hearts:

·
Everything Fades Away
130,325 Posts
She will not come back. Read irma`s interview. ;)

And if she would come back, she would beat them all again. :p :bounce:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Steffi Graf could come back?

No, I don't think she would ever consider it? She has settled down to married life...supports her husband as he winds down his career and is a devoted mother to her new baby who, by the way, will no doubt be a fabulous tennis player...talk about your excellent "genes" he's got them!- This is a silly question for Steffi to even contemplate...she was probably the best that ever played...now she has her sights on other things...I'm sure her tennis career was definitely fulfilling with all the championships she accomplished, now she has other things in life to fulfill. Good luck Steffi!!:hearts:
barmaid:wavey:

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
That's how YOU prefer it, Sam.

How Martina or Mike prefers it is their business. Lots of people find that their sexual performance declines when they are in their 40's and 50's. For some reason they keep having sex anyhow.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This is absolutely impossible!!! The No.1 thing in Steffi's life now is her family... Andre and her lovely baby boy!!!

Steffi is my all time favourite!! As her super fan, I would like to have the best memory of Steffi in tennis... instead of something like "Steffi lost to a qualifier!!" or "Steffi lost in the 1st round at a Glam Slam!!"

Steffi, we don't need you back to the court.... we wish all the best for you and your family!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Yeah, to Steffi, tennis is a past to her. She is so contented and happy now with Jaden Gil . I wouldn't want her to be back too as much as I like her.

Memories of her past matches are enough.
Gotta move on...
She is on another chapter of her life, no point turning back the page.

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Martina N. still plays tennis because she is healthy and still loves the sport. Steffi unfortunately is not as healthy evidentally and does not miss the game.

·
Registered
314 Posts
D
Steffi unfortunately is not as healthy evidentally
Didn't you read the interview Irma posted here?:confused:

Stefanie is perfectly healthy and plays tennis with Andre and her friends often. Her back and knees are not hurting anymore and she jogs and bike rides for exercise. That doesn't sound like a "not as healthy" person to me.:rolleyes:

Stefanie doesn't play tennis because she has the life she wants and doesn't need tennis. Evidently, Martina Nav., John McEnroe and others who still play past their prime still NEED tennis. Which I think is very sad.:sad: But, it's their lives and they can do what the want.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts