Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 5348 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great idea to start this topic...
I shall dedicate this thread to the player who made me notice tennis and follow it eversince I saw her play.....

Steffi Graf!
:bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
:cool: So did I :cool: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Let`s start with the most famous Steffi pic :cool:

·
Banned
692 Posts
I love Steffi

·
Premium Member
16,400 Posts
When I was younger I used to hate Steffi (I'm an ASV fan, you dont need more explanation :cool: ) However, now I know that you like a person when you realise you miss her a lot. Tennis is not the same since Steffi left

Hey, does anyone know what match is this? I'd like to know :cool:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
If she hadn't retired that prematurely, tennis world could have been different by now. Williams sisters could not win a Slam for as long as she was around. They won 5 out 10 played since she retired.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
yes it is from the french 95, steffi won 7:5 4:6 6:0 :D

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, really missed her...
She is really one of a kind....

Wondering if there is any current player on tour who plays like Steffi? :cool:

·
Premium Member
16,400 Posts
Thanx :)

I find that Steffi's outfit quite cool, maybe coz nowadays I'm tired of seeing "weird" outfits ;)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
When I first saw it(and that was in a magazine because Steffi had not played then because of injury) I didn`t realy like it but then I saw her play in it and I started to like it, but maybe was that too because she stayed undefeated in it :D:bounce: :angel: :cool:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
the only player I remember who tried to copy Steffi`s style was Irina Spirlea

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
i have to admit that i always hated Graf, she was the star in lot of my nightmares.....but i have to say that i cheered for her in her come back in 1998 and i really enjoyed her win in Roland Garros 99 and i have to admit that it was very sad when she decided to retire... it was hard to realize that she would not be on courts aynmore....

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
Steffi! She defined the word CLASS. Thre is so much the younger players could learn from watching how she handled herself, in bothe victory and (rare) defeat! :hearts: :hearts:

·
Registered
137 Posts
steffi rocks!i like that adidas outfit too.. i duno why but i just found it more appealing than those other outfits...
what are some steffi sites?

·
Registered
13,635 Posts

·
Registered
15,024 Posts
Steffi was Queen of Tennis

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Banned
692 Posts
I just found out she was known as the queen of the net and the countess of the lines

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
My fav Steffi pic is the one in my avatar. Doesn't she look stunning? It's just such a gorgeous photo.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
why was this pic so shocking? I read an interview with Steffi at the end of 1990 were she said that the german press found that a sporter should not make such pics but I don`t see the reason why she shouldn`t :confused:

·
Diosa Contable
2,945 Posts

I was never a big fan. But I can appreciate what a great champion she was. And how great for the sport. I hope she's having a great life away from tennis. We do miss her :)

1 - 20 of 5348 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.