Tennis Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1881 Posts

·
Banned
1,484 Posts
Graf v Date matches were always so exciting intriguing. This is the first time I am seeing footage of their Miami open 1996 SF

Poor Kimiko Date lost four times to Steffi in Miami - 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996!
Their greatest match and Kimiko's greatest career match was the Fed Cup 1996 which she won with 10-8 in the third set.
Date was also Steffi's opponent in the Wimbledon 96 semis when Steffi almost married a spectator!

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
That girl in the pic is Jaz Elle Agassi, 18 year old and an american citizen. Hopefull be as wise as her dad and also vote democrat.
What if Steffi would be a the Don supporter 🤯😱🤣

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Well, that is sad that you insult your twice elected president like this.
Anyway, I think Steffi was impressed by him, bigly.
Ugh...

Often, you do more to diminish Steffi's reputation than to enhance it...

Steffi was NOT impressed with Diaper Don at all.
She intentionally snubbed him in 1996.

See this:

·
Banned
1,484 Posts
Ugh...

Often, you do more to diminish Steffi's reputation than to enhance it...

Steffi was NOT impressed with Diaper Don at all.
She intentionally snubbed him in 1996.

See this:
;)
Steffi had a boyfriend by then.
Was different when they met in summer 1989.
Steffi seems to be enjoying The Donald's company here:
White Style Black-and-white Fashion design Smile

Who knows what happened later in the evening....

After all Trump praised Steffi years later like this:

... Moments later, he and Stern were discussing tennis pro Steffi Graf. Trump called her a "great girl," and Stern replied, "She's not hot." Trump responded, "She's got one of the greatest bodies ever." Stern shot back: "But what about the face?...[The] body's a 10. What's the face?" Trump had an answer: "Well, you never get to the face because the body's so good." ...

·
Banned
1,484 Posts

·
Banned
1,484 Posts
This thread is filled with delusional crazy! Look at how Steffi is leaning so far away from that laughable infant.
She even has her hand on his shoulder!!

Reactions: Mark43

·
Banned
1,484 Posts
This thread is filled with delusional crazy! Look at how Steffi is leaning so far away from that laughable infant.
How happy Steffi looks feeling Donald's arm around her waist!
Face Bow tie Picture frame Fashion design Suit

I think she snubbed him in 1996 because he had married Marla Maples in 1992!

• Haha

·
Banned
1,484 Posts
Steffi Graf under investigation for 1/6 insurrection!
Blue Standing Gesture Fun Electric blue

·
Registered
26,703 Posts
This is turning more into a Donny thread than a Steffi thread :scared:

Caught these highlights earlier. I remember feeling concerned for Steffi before this match when she struggled to get by Neiland and Gorrachategui. The loss v Coetzer in the 4th round was so disappointing. Steffi was completely out of sorts this tournament, and not fully fit.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
This is turning more into a Donny thread than a Steffi thread :scared:

Caught these highlights earlier. I remember feeling concerned for Steffi before this match when she struggled to get by Neiland and Gorrachategui. The loss v Coetzer in the 4th round was so disappointing. Steffi was completely out of sorts this tournament, and not fully fit.

She had an infected toe which caused fever.
also this sunday it was extremely hot and a lot of players got a heat stroke including Steffi. I think the 10 minute rule was decided after this day.
She obvious tanked at the end since no way she could have played a third set.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
And it was not Steffi who skipped wimbledon 91 and was hiding in Donny's house instead;)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
It’s strange how that match seemed to set the tone for dreadful 1997… always facing pesky Couzter and almost always unfit. It was such a bummer. If Steffi was healthy there was no way Hingis was going to have an all time great year.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just heard a podcast with Amy Frazier. She said Steffi was nice to her, and before a Wimbledon drubbing, Steffi made sure Amy knew how to curtsey to the Royal Box. Amy has never forgotten it.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
It’s strange how that match seemed to set the tone for dreadful 1997… always facing pesky Couzter and almost always unfit. It was such a bummer. If Steffi was healthy there was no way Hingis was going to have an all time great year.
I didn't see it since it was not on tv but the only "good" match she played was maybe against Majoli in Tokyo?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Heard another podcast, this one interviewing Barbora Strycova in 2021, and Bara said that she would love to play doubles with Steffi. She called Steffi her idol, said tennis really misses her, and Steffi was beautiful.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I was dejected after that loss to Coetzer (again!) at the AO.
Watching tennis at night to see this ending...
I can't remember a match where she looked that "tired". Maybe this double match with Boris at the hopman cup, she looked so empty ans slow.

1861 - 1880 of 1881 Posts