Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized there is a campaign on this board against BJK, the famous captain. Is it a crime for her to stand by the bests ? or is it because the bests were already hated ? By the way I feel sorry for Stevenson, she said she is a friend of the Williamses, but she seemed to have all the requirements to be jealous of them ...What do you think ?

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
She's the boss. She gets the say. It's her job to make any and all decisions as long as she is the coach.

I too feel sorry for Alex & Meg... but she (Alex) has to realize a W/S dubs match even it's 6.1 6.0 will get more attention than a Stevenon/Shaughnessy match even it's 9.7 in the 3rd set. USA tennis is all about V&S right now and you can't deny that.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I don't think that V+S have anything to do with it. So, please, don't go that route...

I think that the point people are arguing is that BJK has made some controversial decisions and has made statements that contradict herself. It would seem that BJK does not follow her rules strictly. Which would be fine if she didn't admit that she does.

Besides, Im sure BJK is happy we are talking about Fed Cup anyway. Other than it's controversy, Fed Cup is nothing.

·
Banned
618 Posts
some issues with BJK go back to her relationship with Virginia Slims that continues to this day...oh yes, smoking among 12yo girls more than doubled after marketing the 'Slims cigs...thanks BJK for the legacy

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
It's a crime, isn't it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts