Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Well it wasn't a glaring success, but not a total failure. My friend called for reservations and asked if Andy was working and if we could request his section. But the little snot said, "Um, we don't like um, do that, like, um, here, and like um stuff". So we went anway. I was not even nervous. I was just hoping for one little glimpse of his cute dimples. Natch, we were seated in completely the most remote area of the place from his. But, that was ok. We had a good time, despite my breaking my neck turning left at every movement. At one time he got close to our table and we locked eyes. He smiled and continued walking. I wanted to chase him down, but they were so busy and he looked on a mission. So, we ate and paid. I resigned myself to coming back again and forcing the maitre-dumb, maitre-d to allow us to have Andy as our server. But when we walking out, there's a little "s" type walk way, he was probably 10 feet away. He smiled and walked a little closer. I wasn't sure if he was coming to me, or just travelling. So I slowed up, but moved a little to his direction. He said "I'm sorry I didn't say hi, it's been a really busy night and I didn't have the time." I said, oh that's fine, thanks for the nice meal (I kinda froze). Then as I was turning to leave, he said "Oh, we have a new wine special Tuesday and Friday next week." He gave me a big smile, and then looked down and started walking away. I think he was embarassed or nervous.

So, is that not like a direct invite to be there those days?? And how perfect, I'm off Tues and Friday from work.

My friend said I'm being stupid and that he obivous is interested in some level. She isn't too sure what to make of it, but just from that she said I have to go back and find out (Which of course I will).

He did pass her appearance meter. She said he was gorgeous and loved his deep deep voice. She also said he had a really cute ass, but I didn't see it. I was too transfixed on not tripping or falling or doing something else so stupid.

So, like I said, not a total loss. It was too bad they were busy. The brief words we had were quick and in front of a lot of people. So I couldn't just throw out that I was madly in love with him. :)

I do remember from the first meeting, he said he likes golf. He said he'd rather be outside than working so he could be golfing. I will have to work that into the conversation whenever I actually get to talk to him.

My friends are all so supportive of me actually stalking being interested in a guy, they've all made themselves available to go with me next week out for the 'wine special'. So that's very nice not to have to do this alone.

Stay tuned for part 3.

Signed
Eternally optimistic, and still ever-smitten with Andy the waiter,

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
I agree with your friend, I think it’s obvious he’s interested in some level! And, oh my god, the little message about the wine special was definitely and invitation!
I’m looking forward to part three...

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
:bounce:

Keep us posted! ;)

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
It's obvious that he likes you... ask him out, or do whatever gay guys do.

Show him the Seles tattoo, also... he'll know that you just don't stalk him. :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hehe. He is flattered. I would be too. I am a waiter but the way he should do it if he had the guts is to slip his number in ya bill. I did it in a takeaway and we had a sucessful relationship for 4 months.

Makes the day go a lot faster coz no doubt he running to the kitchen saying omg!! the guy on table .... is so hot! And yeah. Just stay in his face. If ya in his section leave him a note. Or something like that anyway..... Goodluck! :lick:

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
OK, Seles! First off it is SOOO obvious that he is interested in seeing you! He probably has tons and tons of customers each week but he remembered you AND made a point to come up to you and talk to you. Not only that, he mentioned days for you to come back. YAHOO! Seles has a boyfriend, na na na boo boo!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Oh and Seles, if he is your waiter next time then I would slip your number in with his tip. That is, if you don't totally hit if off before you leave!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Reminds me of this very cute friend of mine who is VERY shy...This hot waiter came up to him and said, "The waitress thinks you are cute. Can she have your number"? We all had some alcohol and he says to the waiter or bus boy, I dont remember what he was...but he said, "No, she can't have it, but you can!" It was really funny. The guy completely blushed haha and walked away!

·
Supposed Former , Administrator
9,536 Posts
Ah it's my fave soap opera of the moment, good luck seles for part 3! Just one piece of advice, don't mention you're a Seles fan, that would ruin it! (j/k)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
:eek: Boy, you better get your man! I mean, Andy is short of making googily eyes at you. The attraction's there and even your friend nudged you. What else is there? Are you going there tonight, luv? It is Friday. Or are you going to make us all wait until Tuesday to find out?

If he's your waiter the next time you're there, slip your number into the bill wallet if you're worried about being discreet enough. Good luck! :bounce:

Keep us informed! :bounce:

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
seles i am very disappointed in you. you should have at least tripped him or something when he walked past you or you should have fallen down in a seizure right across his path while foaming at the mouth... :D get back to us with part 3 soon! ;) :wavey:

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the way he said it, that he meant Tuesday and next Friday. I think I'll go on Tuesday and continue the stalking. I'm just so intrigued by him. It's hard to explain, but since I first saw him, it's like my heart hurts. I've gone through life for the last many years and never had that feeling. But for a week now, I feel alive and inspired. I don't know what that means or how to process what I'm feeling. I just know that I owe it to myself to at least make an attempt. I mean, for someone to have that much of an affect without even really knowing each other says/means something, right?

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Seles said:
I mean, for someone to have that much of an affect without even really knowing each other says/means something, right?
seles, listen to me. it could say/mean several things...

1. you're really ripe for a relationship
2. you're really bored and this is a new and exciting project
3. this waiter is an overly nice service type who remembers all his customers
4. you're just a freaky hornytoad and this is your version of the typical male hotel guest/french maid scenario

or..

5. fate has come-a-callin' and your soul-mate's on the horizon..

a combination of all five reasons would be ideal. ;)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ohhh, this sounds like me stalking the Queen guy around the campus! Thank God, I finally learnt his name:) Good luck:)

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
arwenita said:
Ohhh, this sounds like me stalking the Queen guy around the campus! Thank God, I finally learnt his name:) Good luck:)
you and seles are keeping me far too occupied with your love lives...lol. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts