Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Thread?

I know I have trolled Kiki on her losing streak but TBH I don't really understand how did that happen. A Premier Final fresh off the 15-match losing streak is some impressive stuff.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Not a great match really, I was disappointed with Daria's tactics, too passive on the FH as well. Some of her misses were just brainless.

I have not missed Kiki's head pointing either, but its good to see her winning matches.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I guess there are no threads when she wins.

It was an entertaining match for sure.

The highlight has to be the Class A Mladenovic fanboys/girls that were scattered in the arena. Lol

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Dasha:

1. Lose the fat
2. Play aggressive when you can instead of just looping, big hitters will blow you off
3. Get a serve, somehow

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
Madonna is back.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
When on, one of the most enjoyable players to watch on the women's tour. :hearts:

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Not a great match really, I was disappointed with Daria's tactics, too passive on the FH as well. Some of her misses were just brainless.

I have not missed Kiki's head pointing either, but its good to see her winning matches.
Darias only problem is, that she is extremely fat for a tennis player. So is Pavlyuchenkova, but Pavlu posseses a special fire power, while Daria does not. I just cant about all these poor souls thinking, Daria might be a prospect.

·
Registered
52,355 Posts
Bravo Kiki :clap2:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Total unnecessary defeat. Dasha forgot to finish in the 2nd set to 4-0, then it would have been finished. Now she let Mladenovic return to the game, and Dasha got lost.

Anyway, it was a good tournament for Dasha, and this gives a lot of confidence for the rest of the season!

·
Registered
16,449 Posts
SHE IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!
Kiki should only lose to power players. Things are back in order. Nice win.
No shame losing to sharp Kvitova... But you had to beat Siniakova and Kasatkina. You are a better power player than them.
Congrat !!!! And good luck in the Final against the dangerous lefty.

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,338 Posts
the Woz-slayer slayed by a resurgent :tape:
well done Kiki, but pls lose to Kvitty tomorrow ;)

Reactions: Jenny.

·
Registered
33,012 Posts
A handful of classic points, and a whole mess of dross/boredom. I suspect Kiki will be better tomorrow, a less tricky opponent, though still think Petra will prevail.

·
Premium Member
41,981 Posts
Hard to hide my disappointment regarding Kasatkina who was tactically clueless in the last two sets, especially the third. She was playing far too much on Kristina's forehand, and when Kristina was opening the court to avoid to play her bakchand, Kasatkina didn't attack/counter-attack in the open court. Disappointing.

Daria is young (20 I think?) so she has a marge for improvements. But for this match, tactically that was very clear: you had to target Kiki's backhand to death. Especially in the third set when you have no other answer.

As for Kristina, well, nice to see her back! :yeah:

She may have a chance against Kvitova... I have no idea of this match up.

edit: oh yeah, the first set had many entertaining rallies, since both players play with very nice variety. It had to be said. :)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
From 0-15 to 3-0 and counting. What a story it would be if she beat Kvitova tomorrow and defended her title.

You can never write off any fall cometh...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts