Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The youngster fought her best but the world number one was royal.

Good luck, Daria!

·
Registered
114,478 Posts
Potapova is a real head case. Caroline looked better than I expected. Might contend this week

Reactions: Steff_forever

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,335 Posts
I guess Kader wanted a kiss from "his" girl, but he just get a soft handshake

well done Caro, keep this up :kiss:

·
Premium Member
63,750 Posts
Congrats Caro :hearts:

·
always getting what i want
18,243 Posts
Lol.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Lmao @ how long it took to close out that match. A weird mix of nerves, Potato suddenly peaking, and a little luck thrown in as well.

Solid match from Caro though.. very dominant first set. The second set was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests, I think Pova will be a much better player at tour level once she learns to control that power a bit more. This is probably a bad match up for her as well, given how good Woz is at defending from the baseline.

·
Registered
16,141 Posts
Nastya fought well and hit some glorious winners at times but consistency was lacking. Experience would help her develop her game better I think.

Didn't even hold serve once today and won her game breaking Wozniacki.

Wozniacki just knows how to school these youngsters. First it was the double bagel to Bencic and now just dropping a game to Potapova. It has to be said Caroline played much more aggressive today than she did at the AO :help:

6-0 6-1 looks quite humiliating for Potapova, but it actually isn't. Potapova deserved a few more games, actually. But this win for Woz was NID.

Kasatkina next. Caroline should win that one too.

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,335 Posts
Potapova is still a very rough gem, she needs to temper her aggressiveness

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Scoreline doesn't do Potapova justice. She lost six pretty tough deuce games. All about experience - on big points, on not giving away cheap points, on hitting through Wozniacki not just a few times but over and over and over again.

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,335 Posts
Kasatkina next. Caroline should win that one too.

I doubt that. Daria will be on fire in front of her crowd...
And Caro is still a player not an invincible fairy

·
Banned
709 Posts
Welp. Keep it going, Karolina. You get 2 weeks off after this.

Reactions: Steff_forever

·
Registered
47,697 Posts
I doubt that. Daria will be on fire in front of her crow...
And Caro is still a player not an invincible fairy
If La Borz tries even 50% she will routine Kasatkina. That girl has absolutely nothing to hurt her with. :lol:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Onezniacki living up to her ranking, but the actual points were more competitive than the scoreline especially in the second set.
Caroline just wasn't giving away much though, and came away the winner of many of the longer rallies.
She hit some good returns too and a lovely down the line backhand in the second set that was safer (inside the lines) than it looked.

Potapova has shotmaking ability but wasn't consistent enough to overcome Wozniacki's stubborn defense.
Yet it was an entertaining match to watch despite the result never being in doubt.
While there was no drama or suspense there were some quality points.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts