Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
44,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jelena :yeah: :inlove: Came back from 1-4* in the first set. :) Struggled to close it out, but managed to get the decisive break in the end.

Vera :hug: Good to see her competitive with the best again!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Fun match. Such clean ball-striking from both. Bepa started off brilliantly but couldn't sustain it, and she had a real problem with DFs at bad times. Fantastic highlights-reel stuff from Ostapenko as ever.

·
Banned
34,748 Posts
I love this girl, she's so much more than the other basic players in that she actually wins.

Like I'd really love her to play someone in an exhibition from my favourites, particularly Elena Dementieva.

That would be...awesome. :drool:

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Poor Zvonareva just couldn't recover after losing the 1st set (which she seemed sure to win at one point).
Ostapenko didn't implode like she sometimes can, made her a lot more fun to watch. Nice handshake for once, too!

·
always getting what i want
18,244 Posts
Jelena. :hearts: Back to challengers for Zvonareva.

Reactions: Baby Bear

·
Premium Member
63,761 Posts
Happy for Aljona :).
But Bepa :sad:

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
I was rooting for Zvonareva but I'm not that disappointed by the way the match went. Given that she's just making her way back to being a tour player, this performance against a fairly hard-hitting #6 player was a solid step.

·
Registered
16,477 Posts
Is she more like the girl who lost to Krunic, Kasatkina, Krystina Pliskova, Rogers, Brengle, Vekic, Vandeweghe last year? Other than winning the French, Ostapenko has always been a complete shit show of a player. Struggling against decent players is exactly herself.
She backed up her RG run with a QF at wimbledon, where she lost to Venus. :wavey: This is actually a much more respectable result compared to most other players after winning their first slam. :wavey: Having said that, She is certainly not an epitome of consistency :lol:

·
Registered
18,608 Posts
She backed up her RG run with a QF at wimbledon, where she lost to Venus. :wavey: This is actually a much more respectable result compared to most other players after winning their first slam. :wavey: Having said that, She is certainly not an epitome of consistency :lol:
I know all about her exploits at Wimbledon, but getting to the QF of Wimbledon and a couple of other Tier I events doesn't change the truth about her game right now. To make it seem like a struggling Ostapenko is an anomaly is just laughable.

·
Art & Futures
20,620 Posts
Wow wtf. Pretty good scoreline considering

Go Vera! :cheer:

Maybe after a few months she will be back to a top 50 form. I can only hope.

Reactions: aced_underhand

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
vera is playing in doha q next week, she is also up to 168. i think that she can comeback to the top 100 and then be able to play wta q's
Just an FYI..don't go to BlueTrees for serious tennis discussion.. :sobbing: But if you want to know what shade of lipstick Genie is wearing next week...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
the only ones that are consistent are serena, venus, sharapova, azarenka, wozniacki, and halep week in week out. the rest of the tour are just randomly peaking here and there.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts