Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she played well, as of now she looks like somewhat of a stronger Bencic, but needs better shot selection, and maybe less top spin at times

·
Registered
44,456 Posts
Nastya :yeah: :inlove: Fantastic win! After struggling a bit towards the end of last year and losing in a 15k final this must be a huge confidence push. :D
If Caro really comes this would be a great experience for her! :)

Tadde :hug: Pretty dismal start of the year for her.

·
Premium Member
181,855 Posts
Queen Potapova is here :hearts:

·
Banned
22,487 Posts

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
she played well, as of now she looks like somewhat of a stronger Bencic, but needs better shot selection, and maybe less top spin at times
Stronger in which way? Because talent-wise she has literally nothing on Bencic :lol:

·
Registered
24,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stronger in which way? Because talent-wise she has literally nothing on Bencic :lol:
more power I guess. she could develop even more, I like her aggressive mindset but I saw ppl comparing her to Ostapenko and I was like no fucking way, she is more of a Bencic with her approach, an indication to come forward, good serve but no shot whether FH or BH to finish points quickly

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Some brilliant points in that - Potapova still with the never-say-die attitude she's always taken to rallies.

A bit of a jackpot draw but I still didn't expect her to take advantage with her poor form since, ironically, injuring her ankle against Maria at Wimbledon. Just last week Potapova lost in a 15K final to Yuliya Hatouka.

After she came through that early multi-deuce game in the first set she completely dominated.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
more power I guess. she could develop even more, I like her aggressive mindset but I saw ppl comparing her to Ostapenko and I was like no fucking way, she is more of a Bencic with her approach, an indication to come forward, good serve but no shot whether FH or BH to finish points quickly
She's more of a baby Azarenka than Bencic.

·
Registered
24,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She's more of a baby Azarenka than Bencic.
I guess that's fair too, Bencic hits a flatter ball while Azarenka hits with more topspin

·
Premium Member
41,989 Posts
The Russian school: scream, scream, scream. Potapova looks like Sharapova's little sister.

Is this a "Pova" thing?

·
Premium Member
63,779 Posts
Tadde :sad:

·
Premium Member
65,227 Posts
:eek: Definitely was not expecting this one given her poor form. :hysteric: Good job! :yeah: :cheer:

but I saw ppl comparing her to Ostapenko and I was like no fucking way
I think you're mixing her up with her Jr Wimb final opponent Yastremska, who definitely has the Ostapenko approach to the game ;)

Nastya has always reminded me of Vika much more than anyone else. :D The one who gives me Bencic vibes is Kostyuk! :cheer:

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
how the heck did Malek get into the main draw, she came through qualifying? I swear that woman shows up at so many events you'd think she can be 3 places at once.

·
always getting what i want
18,245 Posts
Meh.

·
Banned
22,487 Posts
The Russian school: scream, scream, scream. Potapova looks like Sharapova's little sister.

Is this a "Pova" thing?
Is this really all you can take out of a match like this?

:facepalm:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Some amazing rallies, especially this one which gave Potapova break point at 2-0 in second set :bowdown: Contender for rally of the year.

I didn't see nothing extraordinary in her game previous times when I watched her, but today she was really good. Great combination of defensive and offensive tennis.

·
Registered
114,483 Posts
This is good competition for Wozniacki.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts