Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Julia :yeah: Good to see her back with a win after that Melbourne disappointment.
Only got to watch the TB and that was one of the worst TBs I have ever seen. :tape: It was pretty much 12 errors some forced by Julia's serve. :lol: Really hope she can pick it up from here, because she is nowhere near her Auckland form.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
well done Jools!! Expect it to be tricky for her to perform here with the prospect of a top ten spot being on the line unfortunately, though hope she proves me wrong!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Tough to care about her form for the next little while after that disastrous performance at the AO. Even with making the top 10, what does it ultimately matter when in this weak weak era you can't even make a slam quarter final?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Julia. :yeah: The first set was very good 17 winners - 8UEs, but the second was unnecessary long, should end 6-3 or 7-5. Of course Sakkari was fighting as hard as she could too.
The next match against Vinci, she is a bad match-up for her, so this can be very tough for Julia.

·
King
28,769 Posts
Tough to care about her form for the next little while after that disastrous performance at the AO. Even with making the top 10, what does it ultimately matter when in this weak weak era you can't even make a slam quarter final?
Agreed - I’m still disgusted at her.

Whatever about her being overrated, or a BBB, or pure shite, I think it’s undeniable that she blew a bigchance in Australia. She’ll never get a draw like that again, I’m certain, and she lost to literally one of the best match-ups for her on the whole tour...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts