Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely awful defeat for Viktoria. Up a set and a break and she just melted down after getting broken at 4-3.

Kasatkina does what she always does. Pushes. Cornet will eat her alive next round if she continues with that.

·
Registered
114,479 Posts
Didnt see this thread. Has to play better against Cornet, but any time she wins round 1, its good

·
Banned
34,748 Posts
I'm not surprised.

Pushing is essentially the greatest myth on an indoor court, just doesn't happen, not professionally but it really does feel like an indoor gym and.... guess what the sooty bitch lost just the way I said she would falling victim to one of the top junkballers this tour has to offer not as a merit to say you made too many errors but with extraordinary play that resulted in the opponent becoming clueless because of their own abilities.

Still she can probably beat Aga. :yawn:

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
A match in two halves. Kuzmova had her foot on Daria's neck for the entire first half. Once the wheels fell off there was no going back... dumping everything into the net, missing her margins (when she was placing the balls beautifully beforehand). Kasatkina was wise to step things up a little and finish things off quickly before she Kuzmova could regain her imposing form.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
A win is a win!

I'm happy that Dasha win this match.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Love Kuzmova's strokes - compact, technically sound, able to hammer them down the lines or get some really nice angles. Some excellent, firm, neat volleys too. Defence is pretty shit and got thoroughly exposed by Kasatkina. Had no idea how to deal with losing the second set after she'd been so dominant. I've followed her in the ITFs for a few years and noticed she was always near the top of her age group but received no hype at all - her progress has been slow and steady, but I think she has a higher ceiling than a lot of other more talked-about girls her age.

Kasatkina looked completely overpowered for a set and a half but even before Kuzmova blinked, she was getting better at anticipating Kuzmova's patterns and defending against them. Some real highlight-reel points from Kasatkina as she roared back - that running lob in the second set and an amazing dropshot at full stretch in the third. Anyone who thinks that was "just pushing" betrays an extremely basic knowledge of the game.

Kasatkina has the perfect draw to make the final...

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Kasatkina will never ever happen if she keeps on playing like this. Totally curbstomped by a younger and way less experienced opponent for more than 1,5 sets and finally prevailing thanks to Kuzmova's implosion.
Her aimless pushing in 1st set was truly embarrassing and might not even be enough to get through Cornut (even tho I hope it does).

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Dasha is a master pusher, alright. But she sure has some soft touch and can throw all sorts of balls at her opponent, very technical, amazing variety.
But this pushing has to stop to progress in the rankings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts