Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go young talent! :hearts:

Have a good rest, Caro :hug:

As a Wozniacki fan I couldn't imagine she extra motivated (apart from the fact she doesn't like to lose), but it's not like Daria didn't have the ability to win it either.

Kasatkina's a beautiful talent, and I'm glad she could go for this one, despite some signs of nervousness here and there.

Wozniacki tightened the game from mid-half of the second set, but Kasatkina found answers with her big forehand alone.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Good match from Daria, she got a bit tight trying to serve for the set and match but she was playing well overall.

Go and have a well-earned rest Woz.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
Credit to you woz for honoring your commitment and playing this tournie! Obviously no gas left in the tank. Get some rest!

Kasatkina, please don't disappoint against the french shrew pls. Beat her down!

Reactions: Perun

·
Premium Member
181,854 Posts
Dasha :cheer:

Some of those FH were :hearts:

·
Registered
114,477 Posts
Another first slam winner who sucks afterwards. Kasatkina double faulted twice in a row at 1-2 30-30 for 1-3, and still won in 2 sets
I couldnt make sense of this match unless it was a tank. If its not a tank, Caroline needs a long rest

Reactions: Matmagix

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Wozniacki looked so harmless out there.
Perfect matchup for Kasatkina.
Too many nothing shots for me to enjoy this match except some usual flair from Kasatkina.

·
Registered
19,087 Posts
Great match from Dasha and a win over the number 1! :bounce:

She is really upping her level when playing at her home tournaments.

Please take Mladenovic out! :p

·
Registered
894 Posts
Once Caro figured out that she could not routine Daria after leading 3:1 in the first set, she decided to tank BADLY.

Well, she shouldn't have been here in the first place. Now that she fulfilled the contract, it's time for the rest!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Another first slam winner who sucks afterwards. Kasatkina double faulted twice in a row at 1-2 30-30 for 1-3, and still won in 2 sets
I couldnt make sense of this match unless it was a tank. If its not a tank, Caroline needs a long rest
If you see the second half of the first set, you'll know it's a tank. So many horrible UEs and Caro wanted to finish a point and get out of the court as fast as she could.

·
Banned
709 Posts
Cue the haters who have been waiting for a loss since Auckland to make up their alternate version of events.

Love how this random Tier II in Russia is super important and will be indicative of the entire season.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Wozniacki was quite good and very aggressive. A lot of the UEs in the first set at least were forced because of Kasatkina's play and long points. Kasatkina is still a choker. *6-5 dropped serve in the 1st and faced BP in the final game after errors she wasn't close to making just a game before.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Stunning from Daria, Carol did the best she could today...

Reactions: Pão Não
1 - 20 of 88 Posts