·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Yes.

Kontaveit and Mitu withdrew from being MDOs so Top MD Alts as of now are :

#1 Rodina
#2 Friedsam
#3 Koukalova

Hey! I' new here, so could you please tell me what is MDO and what's the difference between SR and SE? :confused::D:wavey:

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
So Woz will get a Bye in round 1?

and is the Draw done tomorrow?
Yes. Bencic, Vinci, Wozniacki and Ivanovic will have a BYE.

Someone in the GM thread said they'll only need the second venue for some of the first round matches (14 singles, 8 double).

True or fiction?
They use it for qualies too it seems. And of course they'll try to use it as few days as possible, until they can schedule all matches in one day on the main court.

P.S: Friedsam withdrew from being Top Alt. And the reallocated MDWC after Kasatkina got in, still remains a.mistery it seems:)

Top MD Alt is Koukalova and if someone withdraws till qualies begin, she'll be promoted in MD.

·
Registered
53,871 Posts
Thank you. How big is the Sibur Arena? My impression was that the Sibur Arena was supposed to be the main venue, and the other place (Dinamo) was the equivalent of a few extra courts out in the back. But if there is a 'Centre Court' at the Sibur Arena and a 'Court 1' at Dinamo, it sounds more like the event is run in parallel at the two venues?
Sibur Arena will host 3 courts: 1 Match + 2 Practice Cts
TC Dynamo will host 2 courts: 1 Match + 1 Practice Ct

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
P.S: Friedsam withdrew from being Top Alt. And the reallocated MDWC after Kasatkina got in, still remains a.mistery it seems:)

Top MD Alt is Koukalova and if someone withdraws till qualies begin, she'll be promoted in MD.

Just a confirmation, Friedsam only withdrew from being Top Alt so she is still playing Q right? Seems a bit weird that someone wants to play in Q instead... or did I miss any news or something? Thanks!

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Just a confirmation, Friedsam only withdrew from being Top Alt so she is still playing Q right? Seems a bit weird that someone wants to play in Q instead... or did I miss any news or something? Thanks!
I though people have seen the Q draw already. She's not there . She remained with the Fed Cup team in Leipzig.

No she withdrew from btih as she is at Fed Cup
She's there with the Fed Cup team but is not playing. She could have remained MDO but didn't

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
I though people have seen the Q draw already. She's not there . She remained with the Fed Cup team in Leipzig.
Sorry. I didn't notice the Q draw was out :facepalm:

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Someone in the GM thread said they'll only need the second venue for some of the first round matches (14 singles, 8 double).

True or fiction?
I'm not sure. There will matches on Dinamo until thursday - on their site.

·
Registered
10,129 Posts

She's there with the Fed Cup team but is not playing. She could have remained MDO but didn't
She passed up the chance to play in the main draw of a Premier level event? But she's not guaranteed a main draw place in another WTA event until Miami. That's strange. :confused:

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
She passed up the chance to play in the main draw of a Premier level event? But she's not guaranteed a main draw place in another WTA event until Miami. That's strange. :confused:
Kontaveit and Mitu did the same. Kontaveit would have been in MD now while Mitu would have been Alt #1 and maybe would have sneaked in till qualies began. It's their decisions :shrug: . Some, a little weird maybe but oh well ...

Remember the Aga match she may still be injured?
Those were cramps theoretically. I don't think the decision is based on injury. And I don't think she just sits and watch in Leipzig . Or maybe she is , IDK . The deed is done anyway

·
Admin
65,993 Posts
ALF is not injured, she is fit and was training with the German FC Team whole week, she already stated several days ago that she won´t play in St. Petersburg, no clue why she was not officially out until now.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Main Draw ceremony tomorrow at 10.30 CET

81 - 100 of 100 Posts