Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kuznetsova, Bencic, Pavlyuchenkova, Hingis, Mirza, Makarova, Vesnina, Kasatkina (WC) will play. Maria Sharapova will play if she loses early in Melbourne. Also the organizers are negotiating with Ivanovic, Kvitova and even with S. Williams.

Link

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Re: St.Petersburg:Sveta,Pavs,Bencic,Makarova confirmed.Maria,Serena,Ana,Petra may pla

Good for tournaments organizers and people in Russia.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Re: St.Petersburg:Sveta,Pavs,Bencic,Makarova confirmed.Maria,Serena,Ana,Petra may pla

"Maria Sharapova will play if she loses early in Melbourne." don't know why but I laughed when I saw this :lol: She's probably playing FC so she'll be at Russia anyways. Paris attracts a decent field in the past so hopefully the EL would be slightly better than Antwerp.

I'm surprised that Ana may play as I think she has to play Dubai because of Dubai Duty Free thing :eek: Don't you dare to play three tournaments in a row :facepalm:

·
Registered
27,167 Posts

Maria was already asked a few weeks ago and said no, basically :lol:

I think the tournament is just name-dropping to sell tickets, the confirmed players aren't that exciting for a Premier and nowhere near as good as Paris used to be.

·
Registered
10,129 Posts

Who would be more difficult to get? Maria or Serena? :spit:

Even so, it should have a significantly better entry list than Antwerp, which had a main draw cut-off of #60. There are some Internationals with a similar cut-off, and with only 4 more places in the main draw. :eek:

·
Registered
22,111 Posts

I'm very excited for this tournament and I don't even know why. :lol:

·
Registered
909 Posts

if I were Serena I would never play in Russia.

·
Registered
37,340 Posts

Hopefully Sveta wins her home event :inlove: Masha doesn't play in Russia. Thought VUVUrenka might enter actually.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts

Masha vs Bencic :hearts:

·
Registered
15,246 Posts

I doubt they'll get Serena or Maria... Maybe if it was P5 event (900 points), but 470? But who knows... I would definitely like Ana to play there. Ana likes visiting new places where she never played before, so I think it might happen. :)

·
Registered
3,734 Posts

Its like Kremlin cup 2.0
Hoping for a good tournament.

·
Registered
19,281 Posts

I think the tournament is just name-dropping to sell tickets, the confirmed players aren't that exciting for a Premier and nowhere near as good as Paris used to be.
Paris wasn't as good as it used to be either.

Dubai/Doha has sucked the life out of anything European indoors in that time slot.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts

Paris wasn't as good as it used to be either.

Dubai/Doha has sucked the life out of anything European indoors in that time slot.
this

wta calendar in shams

·
Registered
40,091 Posts

Will Russian Tennis Federation President Shamil Tarpischev allow Serena to play there?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: St.Petersburg:ANA,Sveta,Pavs,Bencic,Makarova confirmed.Maria,Serena,Petra may pla

Ana Ivanivic will play :cheer:
I'm happy
Book tickets :)

Link

·
Registered
18,442 Posts

Will Russian Tennis Federation President Shamil Tarpischev allow Serena to play there?
Well, she isn't a lesbian, sooooo..... maybe :eek:h:

:shrug:

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Oh dear :lol:
I thought all people forgot about that joke

·
Registered
25,057 Posts
Re: St.Petersburg:ANA,Sveta,Pavs,Bencic,Makarova confirmed.Maria,Serena,Petra may pla

As if Maria wasn't motivated enough to play well in Australia :hysteric:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts