Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBB Kvitova at her peak throughout the whole match until a minor choke at 6-1, 5-2. Saved 3 BPs then set up a MP after winning the only 10+ rally in the second set. I am actually really curious to see if this match will fire up Kiki or start off a brand new losing streak :devil:

This also means Görges is entering TOP 10 for the very first time in her career :happy:

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,163 Posts
Re: St. Petersburg F: Peak Kvitova (WC) def. Kiki (4) 6-1, 6-2

Bye Felicia. :D

Reactions: BlueTrees

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Back to winning ways. :cheer:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

RUTHLESS :worship: that BH on bp was money :hearts:
GOATra taking care of business and I enjoyed every single second of it.
Thank you for putting that girl back in her place. Better human being and tennis player won.

Petra showed an ultimate difference between humble 2 GS champion and irrelevant pretender. Beautiful result :worship: very well deserved.

Summary of the match:

·
Registered
15,799 Posts
St. Petersburg Final · Kvitova beats Mladenovic 6-1 6-2

Petra was busy exposing this fraud (had a BP in every serv then just as expected she got bored and let her in at the end of the second set

·
Registered
52,945 Posts

too easy for Petra , congrats :yeah: :hatoff:

Kiki played better in the first 2 , and last 2 games of the match , the rest of the time she was outplayed :hug: but good that she reached the final after so many struggles

·
Registered
5,144 Posts

After playing an in-form Goerges yesterday, Kvitova must have felt like she had all the time in the world against Mladenvoic. And it showed.

A few nerves at the very start and the very end. But everything else was perfect.

·
Registered
400 Posts

Wow... just wow!

The way Petra destroyed her competition this week!
She was blasting her opponents off the court...

Hope she can play at this level at year's Wimbledon!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

Petra was just fabulous, Kiki just didn't push her at all, she had all the time in the world to play her game. I'm sooo happy for her!

It's still a good week for Kiki, finally breaking the streak and making the final.

·
Registered
894 Posts

Petra peaking in every department of tennis is just a beauty! Hope she keeps this up for the rest of the season.

Kiki's rebounce is definitely refreshing, yet not enough. Keep the positive attitude going, though.

·
Registered
8,692 Posts

Peak Indoorova. I hope she can bring this kind of form to important outdoor tournaments this year. :)

2 germans in WTA top 10 tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
7,903 Posts

Beautiful tennis from Petra, capped off with this easy romp in the final.

What a fantastic week.:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
16,162 Posts

An absolute evisceration in every sense of the word. :worship:

That MP :worship: and the point to set up MP too :bowdown:

Nobody, NOBODY, can do anything, when Petra is in this form. Absolutely no one. Even Serena Williams would have struggled to beat this version of Petra.

There was absolutely NOTHING Kiki could do todayy. Her aggressive game was COMPLETELY, and TOTALLY, taken out of her hands. Just 3 winners for the entire match :p

I mean, well. She tried, but she needed to be at 200% to even take this version of Petra to 3 today. I wouldn't say she played badly, she just wasn't allowed to play.

That was absolutely stunning, I think Petra hit 30 winners in 15 games. 2 winners per game is impressive to say the least. :worship:

First title since Birmingham 2017. Hopefully this springboards Petra to have a superb year ahead :cheer:

·
Honorary Admin
99,448 Posts
Re: St. Petersburg F: Peak Kvitova (WC) def. Kiki Mladenovic (4) 6-1, 6-2

Well done Petra! :yeah: she was just too good! Serving quite well (except a little DFs here and there), speading winners everywhere! :worship:
Kiki was just too passive, no aggressivity, not as good as she was in the QF, bad quality of serve most of the time (how many winning return from Petra on her 2nd serve :tape: ), bad mover, easy returns, well, not a good day against a player who was on fire... But a good tournament overall :hug:

1 - 20 of 128 Posts