·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened here?

·
Registered
114,486 Posts
Bertens played Wozniacki in Melbourne, I hope she is okay. Vera could use a good run here, plays Ostapenko next

@ jakedavi5
13m
Kiki Bertens chooses to retire after going a set down, moments after getting her blood pressure taken. Zvonareva through to the second round as a wildcard.

·
Registered
16,164 Posts
I was following live scores and Bertens was 4-2 up and had several BPs for 5-2, and the next time I checked I saw Vera won the set 6-4 and Kiki retired.

Hopefully it's nothing serious.

·
Blighted and solo
43,980 Posts
BEPA!!!! :banana: :hearts:

·
Registered
28,285 Posts
(Copied from TT thread as it belongs more here).
Vera was so clutch at 2-4 saving like 5 BP with aggressive play great forehands and coming to net and got to turn the set around. I had to leave after 5-4 so no idea what happened to Kiki but she was too passive on these BP but it was nice to see bits of vintage Bepa in the last games after being a nervous wreck at the start. She is still a bit slower tho.

·
Banned
34,748 Posts
Vera still has top 20 talent even with that erratic serve. Played flawlessly after winning that long game at *2-4. Hopefully she can stay healthy.
Didn't she have three double faults? There were two in the opening game where she got broken, but it was only then. :confused:

She had three break points in the game right after and it was definitely her getting used to Kiki's serve that won her that set. Perhaps it was the first serve %, I did not see the stats. ;)

·
Banned
34,748 Posts
I think Vera is a bit lucky honestly, but I'm sure she's capable of beating players who serve well regularly. :p

I think it was definitely that first forehand winner she hit that was indicative of her level, and she stopped making errors somewhere in the match. :lol:

I definitely think she's getting more consistent, because this was high quality. :) I don't think she's lost the fire of being aggressive, or the fitness of staying put levelwise, she just needs to read the game a bit better, stop searching for all the answers and really just play some loose aggressive games from time to time. :) She has good mentality.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I’m getting 2005 flashbacks.
Great to see her back and winning, even if it was a little lucky.

Reactions: Perun and pov

·
Registered
9,402 Posts
Kiki looked pretty bad when the medics came. Hopefully it's nothing serious and she's okay for clay.

Vera was so intense today! Even when the match was over she didn't quite seem 'out' of it. Very competitive, I hope she keeps progressing.

·
Registered
25,705 Posts
Didn't she have three double faults? There were two in the opening game where she got broken, but it was only then. :confused:

She had three break points in the game right after and it was definitely her getting used to Kiki's serve that won her that set. Perhaps it was the first serve %, I did not see the stats. ;)
She has seven DFs.

·
Registered
114,486 Posts
I read this is Vera's first top 30 win since 2015? This is not the way you want to do it, but getting in these premier draws gives her a chance to get points

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
You know that Wozniacki doesn't need to be mentioned in every single thread of the forum, right?
I posted similar before I saw yours :lol:

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
I read this is Vera's first top 30 win since 2015? This is not the way you want to do it, but getting in these premier draws gives her a chance to get points
:surprise: A post without the word :eek: :worship:

·
Registered
114,486 Posts
You guys are too pressed. Relax! Bertens played Wozniacki in her last match, Zvonareva here. Those 2 met in a USO SF 8 years ago
I find it interesting

Reactions: Cindy and Kate

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
You guys are too pressed. Relax! Bertens played Wozniacki in her last match, Zvonareva here. Those 2 met in a USO SF 8 years ago
I find it interesting
Care to explain what is interesting about it please? :scratch: I really would like to know :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts