Tennis Forum banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Steph not finishing the season on a good note in Poitier 100k

Lost to Alison Riske 3-6 1-6.
Tho she had won R1 vs Putintseva (kaz) 6-3 6-2. She ranked 94. Nice win, but tough year for Steph.
Better luck in 2014
I believe she beat Dolonc, actually. Which is still a good win, though. Makes the trip to Europe worthwhile for her, hopefully. I hadn't realized how high Riske had gotten in the rankings. Hopefully 2014 is better. For some reason I thought Steph was getting on near her thirties, but she's still only 26. Feels like she's been around forever.

·
Registered
352 Posts
AO qualies

(4)Anna-Lena Friedsam v Andreea Mitu
Aleksandra Krunic v Zarina Diyas
Noppawan Lertcheewakarn v Stephanie Dubois
Alberta Brianti v (15)Alexandra Panova

Good luck!

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,321 Posts
??

·
Registered
316 Posts
ahh pity! she served for the match in the second set against the third seed. best of luck in the third set. tough comeback trail.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Great fight to force a third set against Muguruza. The Sportsnet.ca commentator keeps saying volley instead of groundstroke. Really annoying.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sad to hear she is retiring; she was nice to have around. I don't agree with the comment that she didn't live up to her potential. She made the most of what she had, like Marie-Eve Pelletier and Sharon Fichman.

·
Premium Member
44,878 Posts
Just wanted to stop by and give a farewell to Stephanie. Saw the match against Julia. Such a bittersweet ending. :hug:

Wishing her the best of luck in her post-tennis career. She will be missed. :awww:

181 - 196 of 196 Posts