Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Re: île de beauté de SRB Analyst - BSG Game History

Game 71: I Love Rock 'n' Roll

Since there weren't too much Serbian entries, I wanted to submit one ex-YU band. Djavoli did pretty bad, sadly. :( I forgot to send my votes, and here starts my absence from game... "Pricaj mi o ljubavi" was 17th in SF with 71 points.
Nice ballad, too. :tears:

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Game 75: 21st Century

I still can't believe that I had no idea what to submit and came to idea to submit one of the vultures. :sobbing:
It was not surprise that the song did badly.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

I will update soon. :( Totally forgot for this one.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)

Game 76 - One-Word Titles

Submission: Mother - "Maybe"; SF: 20th place, F: DNQ

Previously I had nominated Mother, but it was expected flop.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

Game 77 - Indie

Submission: The Feelies - What Goes On, SF: 3rd, F: 15th

I tried to find song via BSG's best friend, Youtube. :) Then I saw that Shvedbarilescu or Boban had nominated a song before this game, so I gave the artist another chance. TF members really like to surprise you, intentionally. It was not a good surprise, because I thought my song was Top 10 material. It was probably the third time I made into the final, so I am more than happy with this entry.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Game 78 - It's Electric!

Submission: Aroma ft. Lyck - Summer Of Love: SF: 18th (60 points)

Finally I have sent a Romanian artist and that's the song I liked to play every time to bring the happiness. Even people didn't like it, I am quite happy with these 60 points. xD At least someone liked it.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Game 79 - NME 1974-2014 - Philip Glass (replaced song) SF: Dead last

I have only to blame myself for sending previously sent song.

Game 80 - Protest songs
Submission: John Lennon - The Luck Of The Irish SF: 19th

Filler track. Had no idea what to submit so I wanted to send something different, yet with famous artist.

Then my BSG absence truly starts.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
13 games I were sit out!

Game 93 - Love Scorned
Submission: Gary Puckett and Union Gap - Woman Woman; SF: 16th, F: DNQ

I found it via www.songlists.com IIRC. Nice song.

Game 94 - Hip-hop
Submission: Bane Sunshine - Slika i prilika

To all naysayers and those bad listeners, it's pretty good old school hip-hop. You must educate yourself. He sings about how bad our system is and how bad childhood he had. Despite of this bad image, he was always positive. Thanks to @TennisFan102 (Roy) who enjoyed this song sung in Serbian language.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

I have finished for today. I will update this thread tomorrow with more submissions and placements. :)

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Game 95 - Open Category
Submission: Šaban Šaulić - "Koliko ti sreće želim"

SF: 20th (35 points), F: DNQ

I submitted this song because I knew that Serbian music is under appreciated and the idea of open game led me to send this beautiful folk song. :eek:h:

Game 96 - Stranded
Submission: Dragana Mirković - "Sama"

SF: 16th (76 points), F: DNQ

Being inspired lately to show people our beautiful Serbian music. This song is actually a plagiarism, but I really like Arabic vibe and it's so catchy. :)

Game 98: Music of Latin America
Submission: Alejandro Alonso: Cantico de libertad

SF: 13th (78 points), F: DNQ

One of the most beautiful songs sung in Spanish + guitar is so adorable! :) I was not disappointed with the result. I knew that masterpiece by Alejandro Alonso won't qualify, but I wanted to share something new. A random Youtube find it was.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Game 99 - Big Feast b4 100
Submission: George Strait - "Drinking Champagne"

SF: 15th (64 points) out of 17 contestants, F: DNQ

One of my most uninspired entries, tbh. But I found this song thanks to Song Meanings at Songfacts

Game 100 - Special
Submission: Orchestre de Dans de Guedekedou - "Kele Magny"

SF: 7th (205 points) // 7 songs from each semifinal went into the final, F: 24th (83 points) out of 28

I have got theme "Stranded". It meant that I need to choose only one song that I would listen to the end of my life while being alone on the island. So I decided to submit African entry, also the song that I want to dance to. :)
I was quite surprised with finals. A total hit, and I am quite happy with the position. Nice anniversary, tho! :D

Here starts new era for me. You can expect much more information about my entries, comments, views etc. from now. :)

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Game 102 - Shvedbarilescu's Isle of Misfits
Lene Lovich - "Bird Song"

SF - 6th (133 points), F - 8th (105 pts)​

The theme was Shvedbarilescu's Isle Of Misfits. Nathii wanted to surprise Chris Seahorse for his birthday, so she picked next genres:
- punk
- post punk
- no wave
- new wave
- noise rock
- minimal synth
- artpop from 1977 to 1983.
First what came to my mind is Lene Lovich. I banged my head against wall, because I wanted to pick between "Lucky Number" and "Bird Song". I knew that Lucky Number is her the most famous song, I adore the exotic background, so I decided to pick quite different Lene's song. I wanted to send someone with Serbian roots, and the result was surprising. Maybe I wanted Top 5, but the opposition was from my deep nightmares, incredible songs they had.
Given that "Bird Song" was 6th in SF, 8th place in final is just plausible result for me and big improvement from latest games. :)

SF's points distribution:
12 - AdeyC, Beat, G&R, John.
10 - wayitis
8 - TennisFan102
7 - Big_Banana
6 - Mauriac
5 - Hugues Daniel, N.M., Perun, Wally., Wanderer, zvonarevarulz
4 - drg, Milan., salmon_pants, Shvedbarilescu
3 - Bonfire
2 - fufuqifuqishahah, Queen Vika
1 - Mustafina

F's points distribution:
12 - AdeyC, Beat, John., wayitis
10 - Perun
8 - G&R
7 - Mauriac
6 - Milan.
5 - zvonarevazulz, Wanderer
3 - Big_Banana, TennisFan102, histery
2 - Hugues Daniel, Wally., salmon_pants
1 - AmtrakQuebec

Comments:

Big_Banana - Siouxsie wannabe 7.5/10
My comment - One girl with Serbian roots, rocking in this period. Haunting, imitating the bird is the best part of this song, atmosphere is phenomenal, and I like these instrumental parts. 5/5
Silent Bird - I think I prefer Lucky Number from Lovich.
Song Seven - Lene Lovich – Bird Song
umm interesting *rolls eyes*
Mauriac - As I mentioned before I thought about submitting this a while ago – I wish I had now. Like Lucky Number, it is a totally crazy song but great fun . I love Lena’s vocal and the backing vocals are perfect too. At the end it gets totally wild. Fantastic. 8.5/10
Huggie's keeper: Lene Lovich - Bird song (september 19, 1979)
LorenzoSt.Dubois: Song Seven - Lene Lovich – Bird Song
As others have said, Lucky Number is the one from Lovich I would have expected and is one of my favs.
Silver Persian -

I think I have to try harder to like Lene Lovich
Beat - 10/10
artists who are not afraid to express themselves, even at the risk of being uncool and ridiculed ... seem like a rare thing these days. i'm pretty sure i have heard lovich's music before, but IIRC it was much more extreme stuff than "bird song", which is insanely memorable, exciting and grandiose.
Nathii mentioned that Dolly Mixture and Lene Lovich are same great.
fufuqifuqishahah - Bird Song - B

Special comment: Shvedbarilescu Lene Lovich – Bird Song ★★★★★
I rate Lene Lovich pretty highly. Over the last 40 years there have been a lot of quirky female vocalists with somewhat theatrical vocals and a rather eccentric persona. Think Kate Bush, Bjork, Tori Amos, Joanna Newsom the list goes on. Personally I will take Lene Lovich over Bjork or Kate Bush any day. I know they have much more impressive and extensive bodies of work but, hey, for some reason I connect to Lene Lovich's music a lot more than any of the aforementioned artists.

This is probably my favourite Lene Lovich song. I say probably because her best known song "Lucky Number" does run it pretty close. This is a song I remember hearing for the first time and being totally taken away with it back then. Made in 1979 this sounded like nothing I'd ever heard before. It felt like an offkilter, East European folk song taken to epic proportions. Actually it might not have sounded anything like that, but with my nonexistant knowledge of music from Central and East Europe at the time that is what it sounded like to me. It certainly felt wonderfully strange and exotic and I loved and still do love the little details here, the trilling birdlike vocals in the beginning, the abrupt pauses in the percussion, the ridiculously over the top backing vocals, and glorious way the choruses built up. Normally I don't go for that sort of thing, it is true. But this song just felt so unique and the melody works such a treat that it is one of those songs that it is impossible not to get swept away with. I also have to mention the bass guitar here which keeps the song rhythmically compelling and makes all those shifts of tempo work so well. I did get to see Lene Lovich live a couple of times back around 79/80 and she was a great live performer.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Game 104 - Xmas edition
Chris Tomlin - "Hark the Harold Angels Sing"

SF - 17th (52 points), F - DNQ

It was Christmas or Holiday's theme. I was so uninspired, because every song I have heard about Christmas, I didn't like it that much.
That leads in not playing next Christmas game.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Game 105 - Indelible Vocal Performance
Nutmegs - "Down To Earth"

SF - 14th (86 points), F - DNQ

Indelible Vocal Performance requests to pick the song where any vocal made powerful impression to listener (in this case me). I have chosen the track that is pretty unusual, acappella. I have thought that people might like male vocals, but nah, it was acappella and @stromatolite 's "no instrumentals" rule clearly confused me. In that time, I have thought that he wants only acoustic or acappella versions. I clearly misunderstood this theme.
Howsoever, I was disappointed with SF exit. this song is truly a gem. (Throwback: "I didn't like Bjork as the winner of edition!") :eek:h:

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Game 106 - Blind Reflection
Grace Jones - "I’ve Seen That Face Before"

SF - 4th (149 points), F - 8th (112 points)

Beat posted the picture, and we had to choose the song that might reflect well to the picture.
I have picked Grace Jones. I knew that few days ago I have listened to this song. The first reaction was attractive. I put it on repeat.
Finally I have broken my SF's best so far with song I truly adore. It's simply timeless. I adore Grace's French in this song! :hearts:

SF points received:
12 - AmtrakQuebec, Beat, Monzanator, salmon_pants, Silent Bird (first 12!!!), wayitis
10 - TIEFSEE
8 - drg, John., Mauriac
7 - Matmagix, Perun
4 - Shia, Shvedbarilescu, TennisFan102, zvonarevarulz
3 - Hugues Daniel, Slazorin
2 - Andreas, Wally.
1 - Javi, Milan., Mustafina

F points received:
12 - TIEFSEE, AmtrakQuebec
10 - Monzanator, Beat, salmon_pants
8 - Silent Bird, John
6 - Mauriac, Slazorin, Perun
4 - drg, Matmagix, Baraboo, Shvedbarilescu, Shia
3 - Andreas
1 - Avada Kedavra!

Now I see that wayitis gave me a fat 0 in F after 12 in SF. @The Crow I have followed that player's logic, most likely. :eek:h:

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Game 108 - Adore Adey.. or else
Sarah Connor ft Marc Terenzi - "Just One Last Dance"

SF - 21st (dead last) (42 points), F - DNQ

I knew that Adey likes Pop. With that logic, I should have found something to please other players. I didn't follow that pattern, and I simply deserved dead last place.
This song gave me nostalgia vibe. It's far from the perfect, but the lyrics can bring you to tears. So emotional. :awww:

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)

Game 109 - 2015
Sufjan Stevens - "Death With Dignity"

SF - 1st (171 points), F - 2nd (142 points)

Next theme was 2015. I have waited to nominate my favourite song of 2015. It was the most heartbreaking moment for me during playing all these editions. Sufjan Steven is just amazing singer-songwriter and this song has so much depth than anyone can think of. One more reason I have submitted this song, because he dedicated this song and whole album to his dead mother. :sad: :tears:
After first SF win, I have thought that my first win is guaranteed. But people changed their voting patterns once again, and I was second with only 1 point less than actual winner and big vulture "Blackstar"... I had more 12's than AmtrakQuebec, but I have someone regretted that loss. :sad:

SF points received:
12 - AmtrakQuebec, Baraboo, Javi, TIEFSEE
10 - Beat, Crux Squall, Wanderer
8 - Mustafina, Shvedbarilescu, Wally.
7 - eck, Milan., Potapovushina
6 - JMG, John., Perun
5 - Hugues Daniel, Leif, Silent Bird, Slazorin
4 - Silver Persian, zvonarevarulz
1 - AdeyC, Litotes

F points received:
12 - Crux Squall, Javi, fufuqifuqishahah, TIEFSEE
10 - Baraboo
8 - Wanderer
7 - Slazorin
6 - Beat, Wally.
5 - Milan., Silent Bird, John., Leif, Potapovushina, Shvedbarilescu
4 - Thanos, zvonarevarulz, drg, JMG
3 - Perun, Hugues Daniel, Mustafina
2 - Silver Persian

The most points I lost are from Mustafina (I have expected 1 more from him) and Beat.

Conclusion: It was my best showing in this game. AmtrakQuebec (LorenzoSt.Dubois) and I had tactically voted. (in SF we have exchanged 12's, then 0 points in F :haha: )
Maybe I think I deserved win more, if we count all the points, but I was more than happy with 2nd place.
@Javi ty for bringing Sufjan Stevens in this game and my life! :hearts:

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

So if wayitis jumped off a cliff, would you do the same? :D :p
Nope, ofc. I did it way earlier. Final listen can change the things, tho.

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)

Game 110 - Life Sucks
LeAnne Rimes - "How Do I Live?"

SF - 10th (107 points), F - 16th (77 points)

Upcoming theme was Life Sucks. First what came to my mind is any woman's vocal that has a sad note or any female singer who can sing emotionally. That's why I had chosen LeAnne Rimes. She is one of the greatest performers of all time. :)
"How Do I Live?" song definitely has any secret meaning, and that's her previous husband. Cute song. I did know that pop songs are not well received in BSG, so I wanted to send this one.

SF points received:
12 - Andreas, fufuqifuqishahah, John., salmon pants., Slazorin
10 - AdeyC, zvonarevarulz
8 - Matmagix
6 - Monzanator, Rui
3 - Hugues Daniel
2 - Litotes
1 - Mauriac, Silent Bird

F points received:
12 - John., Slazorin, fufuqifuqishahah, Andreas
10 - AdeyC
7 - zvonarevarulz