Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's defending less than 100 points for the rest of the year. How high do you think she can go? And will she maintain this level of play?

·
Banned
796 Posts
I think she'll be top 10 by the end of the year, and could possibly be a threat for #1 later in her career!

GO SPERM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
Who knows, shes very scatty and unpredictable, so its hard to see how far she can go.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Will end year inside top 15.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Once you go from 1100 or so points around 20 to 1500 (Schiavone and above) you find there isn't that many points betwen you and the top 10. Just a lot of players competing for places. Someone there has to fall out first and other people have to move slower than Karolina. Put another way Maria, Sveta and Karolina belong there so whose places will they get. Put yet another way the rankings betwen 5 and 12-13 may soon be pretty interchangeable.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
top 10 would be a realistic aim, but it would be hard to achieve. she isnt consistent enough, so i think breaking into the top 10 would be great for her

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Interestingly the gate guards to the top 10 are Ai and Paola who seem to be the players that everyone under-rates but who keep on getting deep into GS and are otherwise consistent. they keep on appearing on those over-ranked threads but still keep on geting better results than the stars below them.Passing them requires either enough brilliance to take big titles or a lot of it plus some consistency. They are also a good test of where you are - if you can beat them and players ranked below you. you belong in the top 10. Once you start beating Jennifer, Amelie or Anastasia you belong in the top 5

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
justine&coria said:
In every thread with her name, there's an error !!!!

I think she'll be top20, maybe top15 but not top 10.
:retard: She's already top 20 post-Wimbledon, and if you take off all of her points from now until the end of the year, she still is.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,153 Posts
fammmmedspin said:
She is 18 or 19 now so that shouln't be hard?

Though I agree there is a big gap below Schiavone/Pistolesi.
She is 19 and no it wont be hard .. but Pistolesi and Schiavone both have TONS of points to defend .. Anna a QF in Tier2,SF at Tier 1,and 2 titles .. Schiavone just played real good .. so it wont be hard to get in

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,728 Posts
Top 12 :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
I don't like to look too far ahead: There are just too many variables. Right now I am hoping that she can get a top 16 seed for the US Open. She only has about 50 points to defend between now and the Open seedings so I hope she can make it. Karolina's game seems well suited to both hard courts and carpet so I expect her to be within the top 15 by the end of the year. After that, who knows. It will certainly get more difficult; but Karolina, to my delight, has continualy exceeded my expectations.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts