TR :cool:

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I'm glad it's only a prediction.hehehe:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I agree with the bottom half of the draw. But instead of Mauresmo, I would put Jennifer Capriati. I honestly don't think Amelie would beat her (should they both make it that far). Amelie definitely has the game and power to dispatch her however.

Go Serena! ~The 2002 Aussie Open Champion!~

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Assuming she's healthy Kim is showing the best form of those in the top half of the draw. Venus is the favorite in the loaded bottom half and if I had to bet the ranch I'd put money on a Clijsters - Williams final. Martina impressed last week and she typically does well here so I wouldn't rule her out either.

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
I wouldn't rule out Martina Hingis. The injury time-out was exactly what Martina needed to pick up her game again.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
In their tables of who is a dark horse, outsider, sure cert to win ...
I'm surprised by the lack of Jennifer Capriati in their predictions, her draw is by easier than Martinas, Venus' and Serenas'.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
veryborednow, I hope I'm wrong but it appears Jennifer is lacking the drive and the focus since she became #1. Add in the fact that everyone's gunning for her makes it doubly difficult.

She has a favorable draw and I do hope she can make another appearance in the finals.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
GoSandrine - I'm in denial about Jens recent dip in form...(putting it nicely) :)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
I dont think so.I think Marti will make it to the finals or win it.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
pretty accurate... except I'm going out on a limb and predicting that Martina will beat Serena to make it to the semis, but will then get whipped by Venus. Totally irrational, and I can't back it up, but that's what I'd predict.
I have a feeling Capriati will go out really early. If she does make it to the QFs, Mauresmo will thrash her, but she's got some dangerous players in her section - Silvija Talaja (former top 20), Iroda Tulyaganova (even if out-of-form), two former junior champions (Svetlana Kuznetsova and Maria Emilia Salerni), Tatiana Panova (in-form), Meilen Tu and Rita Grande (both former titlists on this surface)... and if she plays like she did against Stevenson, any of these can take advantage.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
we all know that John is not exactly a good tennis expert; and he just proved my point. Mauresmo is still verry much inconsistent and hasn't been that impressive so far this year.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I just don't think that if Jen makes the quarters against Amelie, that she is going to lose. Jen is still playing better than most people on tour, and she beat Amelie at the U.S. Open pretty handily. I realize that Capriati is playing really sub-par right now and I don't think that if she played half the people on the bottom half that she would make the semis, but with her draw it looks that way to me right now.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
I thikn Serena will make semis. A don't think a twisting on ankles is something serious. I twisted my ankle tomorrow, and today I'm fine. And Serena is playing tremendous tennis, if wasn't for her ankle in Sydney, she would gonna win the tournament. So I expect her to make semis, and maybe, (why not?????) defeat Venus :)
As she said is getting more easier to play against Venus, so I hope Serena overcome this "nemesis" :kiss:

GO SERENA!

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
lol

becoolserena, u twisted ur ankle tomorrow but ur fine today? lol, thats funnie. sorrie, but i juss had to laugh at that typo. anywaz, can anyone tell me who has the luxury of playing mary pierce in the early rounds, like which of the top 8 has to play mary before quarters or before 4th round. Because honestly, i have a feeling that mary is going to beat at least 1 top player at the aus open(power player). I hope mary and martina can play in semis, but not a great chance for that to happen huh.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
from cnnsi.com :Justine Henin: Plays well in Australia and appears to be in good form
True, Wertheim is NEVER right. :p

Yeah, ole Jon picked VENUS to win 4 of 6 Grand Slam titles. He missed 2 predictions, I guess.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Looks like the prediction is on the other foot now!

quote:

from cnnsi.com : Justine Henin: Plays well in Australia and appears to be in good form

TeeRexx:True, Wertheim is NEVER right. :p

Yeah, ole Jon picked VENUS to win 4 of 6 Grand Slam titles. He missed 2 predictions, I guess.

LMAO!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts