Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if justine hadn't defeated jenn during the semis of the US Open, who would have won the Open?

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really? Kim defeated Jenn at the final of Stanford and Kim doesn't normally fall to anyone who's name is not Serena, Venus, or Justine at a final of any tournament.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Yeah, i think that Kim would have won the title if she was facing Jen....Jen just can´t beat higher ranked players anymore. Of course she would have beaten Justine, but Justine ain´t a true hardcourt player.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Jennifer!!!!!!!!!!! in straight sets.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Interesting question, it would all really depend on Kim's nerves - I think that JenCap would have come out firing from the start.

I'd speculate that it would be Kim to win but I wouldn't have been that surprised at all if it had been JenCap.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Kim in 3 sets !
Because Serena, Justine and Venus are almost the only ones who have a way of playing that really disturbs Kim!
And Capriati has the habit of choking at the end against the best players !

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
kim, cause bar her hiccup at montreal, the only players she has lost to this year are serena, venus and justine.

at least i think so

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Jen now would be US Open-Champion!!! :hearts:

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
i think kim in 2 tough sets

i don't think jen would have the stamina and kim has beaten jenn the last 3 times they met

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
bandabou how is justine not really a hard court player - she proved she is she didnt lose a match on it all summer!

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Kim would have won. She owns Jen now, while if Justine had got through she beat Kim since Justine owns Kim now. Also I dont think Jen has the stamina that Justine has, and even if Jen had gotten into a winning position, she would have choked like she did against Justine, and Kim isnt a good player to choke against as shes great from behind.

·
25,876 Posts
really? Kim defeated Jenn at the final of Stanford and Kim doesn't normally fall to anyone who's name is not Serena, Venus, or Justine at a final of any tournament.
Unless your name is Ai Sugiyama and you should be dead tired punch drunk-way too tired to win a final.

I'm convinced Clijsters would have found a way to choke. We'll never know of course, but until Kimmie wins one I'd have put money on Jennifer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts