Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You usually feel the thrilling atmosphere in those moments, totally understandable when you follow a match from start to finish - that's why we love the sports ;)

sometime extracts are bad quality for being old

Match points saved

Bringing up match point

·
La nuit je mens
86,897 Posts
The awesome last two points of the match between Clijsters and Henin in Miami 2010 :hearts: Starts at 8:37

Surprised that the first one didn't make the cut in the second vid.

·
Registered
37,339 Posts
Bringing up match point:

·
Registered
37,339 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
The awesome last two points of the match between Clijsters and Henin in Miami 2010 :hearts: Starts at 8:37

Surprised that the first one didn't make the cut in the second vid.
Omg I was such a baby when this match happened but I just remember how much it was a GAG that two women came out of retirement to play such unbelievable tennis.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Konta saving MP in Miami against Simona with a second serve ace :hysteric: I think she saved 4 in total before snatching the second set, winning the match and eventually winning her biggest title to date.

Also that Wimby MP converted by Konta, on which the spectator screamed and Simona stopped at the net before what should have been an easy putaway.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Konta saving MP in Miami against Simona with a second serve ace :hysteric: I think she saved 4 in total before snatching the second set, winning the match and eventually winning her biggest title to date.

Also that Wimby MP converted by Konta, on which the spectator screamed and Simona stopped at the net before what should have been an easy putaway.
https://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/1221522-miami-qf-10-konta-def-3-halep-3-6-7-6-7-6-2-a-2.html
I was looking at the match thread for this... the way people were trashing the match it felt like a candidate for the "worst match" thread :eek:h:

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
JJ-Paszek should so be number 1

biased? you're absolutely right.
This one and when she saved MP against Serena in Rome while Serena was serving for it. She hit a complete mishit shank that landed in the middle of the service box and Serena didn't know what happened and netted the ball and lost the match.

·
Milk and honey
3,227 Posts

That match :crying2:

Out of all of Jo's matches that Miami it was the only one I couldn't watch in full at the time. I remember being at a tennis practice and when I left she was down a set and 5-4. I got to the club, played for an hour and saw that she had somehow won the match :hysteric: it still feels lucky that she got that title but after the quarterfinal, she was definitely the best player of the event from the semis onwards in terms of the level she was playing at the time.

To contribute one of my own, while I have never been her biggest fan, the ridiculous volley that Vika hit at 6-6 in the third set tiebreak of the 2013 Cincy final against Serena remains one of the clutchest shots under pressure I've ever seen. Especially since that was a prime Serena bringing her absolute best intensity for the end of the match in that tiebreak. It is the only match you can look back on in Serena's GOAT 2013 where she played well but simply lost to the better player on the day, rather than it being down to injury (AO13), a bad day at the office (Wimbledon) or illness (Doha 2013).

Lastly, a personal favourite, when Maria hit a mega clutch backhand return and followed it in for the swing volley winner at 5-5 in the third set tiebreaker several points after rolling/jamming her ankle against Dulgheru in Miami 2011 before going on to win the nearly 3 and a half hour match :hearts:

·
Registered
13,705 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts