Tennis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"A player who is entered into and must qualify for an ITF Women’s Circuit tournament
but who is still competing in singles or doubles of another “Qualified Tournament”
on the day that the qualifying competition begins and who applies for and is given
Special Consideration by the Referee in the scheduling of her Qualifying singles
match as hereinafter provided.
For entered players a “Qualified Tournament” is:
- For $10,000 events: any ITF Women’s Circuit or any WTA Tour
tournament within the same continent in the preceding week
- For $25,000 events: any ITF Women’s Circuit tournament with prize
money of $25,000 or higher or any WTA Tour tournament within the
same continent in the preceding week
- For $50,000 and $ 75,000 events: any ITF Women’s Circuit tournament
with prize money of $50,000 or higher or any WTA Tour tournament
within the same continent in the preceding week
Players eligible and who wish to apply for Special Consideration must do so by
personally notifying either verbally or in writing the Referee prior to the Qualifying
Sign-In deadline.
The player is required to play her first round Qualifying match no later than the second
day of the Qualifying competition.
The match must be scheduled as first match on the second day of Qualifying or at
12 noon, whichever is later, and the players will be required to play two matches on
that day."

The Referee in Campobasso has applied this rule for the colombian girl Farah. She played the final doubles in Almeria on Saturday afternoon, but the qualies in Campobasso started on Sunday so i don't think it was "right" to postpon this match.
Please leave me know your opinion.

Thanks!
:wavey:

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
Its a tricky situation. If I was a tournament organiser I guess I would be as flexible as possible in organising the matches to allow players to get there with plenty of time, especially when they are competing elsewhere. On the other hand, you have a responsibility to the players who have managed to travel and get to the event to keep to the schedule.

Certainly a qualifying match shouldnt be delayed until after the main draw has started though. Not sure if thats law; just how I think it should be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts