Tennis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he has made the right decision. I wonder if Anna will ever take the hint...<br />_______________________

Spadea Meets Challenge<br /> <br /> By Richard Pagliaro<br />11/14/2001

In the pass-fail world of the ATP Tour, Vince Spadea wasn't exactly making the grade last year. The former 19th-ranked Spadea suffered a sustained losing streak on court that rivaled Charlie Brown's prolonged period of futility on the pitching mound. But the former main-draw dropout has gone back to school and is earning high marks on the Challenger Circuit.

The 27-year-old Spadea advanced to his third consecutive USTA Professional Circuit challenger event final last week. The unseeded Spadea stormed through the field at the University of Texas-Tyler Patriot Challenger before finally falling to Noam Okun of Israel, 7-5, 6-2, in the final. <br />Spadea won the USTA Tennis Championships of Houston title three weeks ago, prompting him to him to proclaim: "Houston, man, it's great! I should be looking for some property here."

In addition to being his third straight final, the UT Tyler Patriot Challenger was Spadea's fourth final in his last five events. He has raised his ranking from No. 159 to No. 124 in the last month.

(tennisweek)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts